Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

44681 - 44700 of 44951 Posts

·
Registered
1,177 Posts
Thank God for ceramic coating.

The wife is working from home with the 4 year old in tow. Apparently, there was a lapse in the "watching".

Truck was still filthy from the Missouri gravel roads
20200330_162446.jpg
20200330_153220.jpg
20200330_162450.jpg

·
Registered
865 Posts
Thank God for ceramic coating.

The wife is working from home with the 4 year old in tow. Apparently, there was a lapse in the "watching".

Truck was still filthy from the Missouri gravel roads View attachment 1075744 View attachment 1075745 View attachment 1075750
Ceramic Coating is a life saver. I dont remember it, but apparently when i was young i wrote the ABC's into the side of my ol mans cummins with a rock LMAO. Still gives me grief about it to this day

·
Registered
1,177 Posts
Oooh damn lol. That's pretty bad.

I wasn't mad at the kid. The wife, however, let's just say I was "disappointed" in her. Gave her the old parents line.

·
Registered
796 Posts
Took the 18 to the dealer for the DPF recall. Had them pull the glow plug codes and they put a new one in hole #5 under warranty. Truck has about 59K miles on it at this time. Bought new Thanksgiving of 17. This working at home is definitely going to help bring the mileage down as I average over 400 a week just going to work, lunch, and back home.

·
Registered
486 Posts
friend traded his 18 denali in,I got his gm accessory tonneau cover.installed it at his shop.price was right to,,free.took all of 10 minutes to install.
now on the hunt for some stock 20" rims.

·
LHN...We ARE the Joneses
26,485 Posts
pics....or it didn't happen.
:p

·
Registered
486 Posts

·
Registered
2,043 Posts
I clay barred the whole truck 2 weeks ago. It hasn’t been driven for 3 weeks now. I need to go finish the detail on it but haven’t had the motivation
I'll post your stuff tomorrow let me know how long it takes to get there 😂

·
Registered
486 Posts

love the way it fits down against the bed rails

·
Registered
416 Posts
Spent some time on the LML today. John C drop shackles (pretty stout compared to stock), Bilsteins at all corners, and greased the front end. All straight forward - except front end. WTF is with no inner tie rod zerks? And of course my new Loc N Lube grease gun fitting will fit onto pitman, idler, or idler bracket. Learned I need a 90 degree short throw grease fitting. Was loving my Loc n Lube.

·
Registered
4,107 Posts
Spent some time on the LML today. John C drop shackles (pretty stout compared to stock), Bilsteins at all corners, and greased the front end. All straight forward - except front end. WTF is with no inner tie rod zerks? And of course my new Loc N Lube grease gun fitting will fit onto pitman, idler, or idler bracket. Learned I need a 90 degree short throw grease fitting. Was loving my Loc n Lube. View attachment 1075775 View attachment 1075776
Pics of how it sits after the install? Were you just trying to lower the rear or did you do shackles for another reason?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
465 Posts
Seeing as you increased the length of the shackle, only makes sense that it would have to be a little beefier construction.
Spent some time on the LML today. John C drop shackles (pretty stout compared to stock), Bilsteins at all corners, and greased the front end. All straight forward - except front end. WTF is with no inner tie rod zerks? And of course my new Loc N Lube grease gun fitting will fit onto pitman, idler, or idler bracket. Learned I need a 90 degree short throw grease fitting. Was loving my Loc n Lube. View attachment 1075775 View attachment 1075776

·
Registered
416 Posts
Still beefier than others on market - a little more expensive too. Sits exactly 1 1/4" lower, as advertised. Still has a slight rake but that's fine with me. Have a safe day everyone!

·
Registered
346 Posts
Drive it to academy today, seemed to be idling weird and shaking a little bit but figured it was just cause it hasn’t been started in a couple days. Ended up not going away and once driving almost seemed like a slight misfire? Any ideas? No CELs or error codes. Gonna look into here shortly

·
Premium Member
4,545 Posts
Well, I had an annoying intermittent P0678 code (#8 GP failure) It was intermittent so I used an old plug I know was good to see if the code returns.

Also changed out the two O Rings in the Intercooler Cool Side pipe out of the intercooler up to the throttle body. The hotside of both plastic and the center flex parts were coated with oil and at one point dripped in DWs garage (NOT GOOD)

Lets see if this solved these issues.............I certainly hope so!

·
Registered
81 Posts
love the way it fits down against the bed rails[/QUOTE]

I’ve had one on my 2007.5 since about early 2009. By far the best all around bed cover. It’s held up really well. The material was heavy and still shows no sign of wear. It’s always out in the weather. All I’ve ever done to it is wash it. Put the same model on my 2015 3500HD and the material is a more pliable and lighter material. Hope it holds up as well as the original one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
30 Posts
LBZ got some love this weekend. Started out by installing a FASS system with a sump. Next moved on and did a oil change, as well as the filter conversion with the Donaldson DBL7483 thanks to @AlisoBob

Next put in a power steering cooler and did the power steering fluid flush while I was digging around, thanks to @Hook'em_Horns! I already have done the brake fluid flush so we are good to go!

I think she should run happy for awhile now!

·
Finally! Wheels on!
8,996 Posts
Had to put it in 3 wheel drive today. Had to yield to someone coming down a one lane gravel road and slid down the right of way into some really wet muddy grass. Left quite the mess in the right away

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

44681 - 44700 of 44951 Posts