Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

44701 - 44720 of 44720 Posts

·
LHN...We ARE the Joneses
26,320 Posts
But you practiced Social Distancing, that's what counts! ;)

·
Premium Member
629 Posts
Changed the oil and a few filters. Lubed the front end with my new lock and lube, I like that thing.
CE6F1E68-065F-4E0A-86D0-9F6C4CE64329.jpeg C87223A7-134C-4155-9185-5B7F6371FAD3.jpeg 13B54A0F-2599-42D4-B5DF-61F969A84DDA.jpeg

·
Registered
4,888 Posts
Crawled around underneath mine a bit today trying to determine where/if I have any play in the steering because it likes to wander all over the road. Discovered a p/s leak. Probably just gonna start throwing parts at it, tie rods, etc. Thinking of pulling the engine so I can paint the inner frame rails and clean up other misc stuff that has rust on it.

First order of business though, finish the painting of the rear axle, springs, etc and replace the axle seal and all the parking brake hardware so I can have that functional again after 2.5+ years.

·
Premium Member
9,579 Posts
Changed fuel filters on the 2011.

·
Most Known Unknown
29,352 Posts
2012 Silverado Duramax:
-Oil change with T6 oil and a Wix 57202XP filter
-New external spin on filter for the transmission
-New S&B filter for under the hood

Next is changing the FASS LP filters and the cat filter on the filter head, but the weather has been crappy and I’d like to do it dry weather!

This was done @ 122k miles

Attachments

·
Registered
4,088 Posts
Sounds like a lot of people are taking advantage of these stay at home orders and doing some maintenance. I took care of mine over the Christmas break lol. Although today got in it to drive to the landfill, and noticed I've got a new leak. It's dripping from the passenger side headliner. Where could water be getting in up there? Obviously the roof rightn or is there some seals to look for?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

·
Most Known Unknown
29,352 Posts
I’m essential hahahah

I’ve been on 8 hour days for the past week but before that even during this Covid-Crap I was on 14s for two weeks including weekends to knock out a few huge orders 😎

maintenance and yard work was piling up so even though the oilfield is in the toilet I’ve been able to catch up!

·
Finally! Wheels on!
8,882 Posts
Sounds like a lot of people are taking advantage of these stay at home orders and doing some maintenance. I took care of mine over the Christmas break lol. Although today got in it to drive to the landfill, and noticed I've got a new leak. It's dripping from the passenger side headliner. Where could water be getting in up there? Obviously the roof rightn or is there some seals to look for?

Do you have car marker lights?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4,888 Posts

Center brake light can also leak and creep along the channels in the roof to the front.

·
Registered
4,088 Posts

No cab lights. Thinking either the seal for the cab or windshield, or third brake light.

·
Registered
19,153 Posts
I'll post your stuff tomorrow let me know how long it takes to get there 😂
Thanks man. There’s no rush at all.

Oh man

well I ordered something last night and it says 11-14 days from the west coast.

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
Greased most of front end, couldn't get the stupid idler arm that points up at 45 degrees. After 20 years, you'd think GM would've figured out this is a terrible placement.

Changed oil. Realized I forgot to order the filler adapter tube because of how stupid their fill tube location is.

Rotated tires.

Put b&w hitch back in for boat pulling season. Even though every body of water is closed due media driven paranoia and panic. Apparently fishing by yourself in an 18k acre lake isn't socially distant enough... rant off

·
Registered
462 Posts
Installed PPE stage 3 Tie rods, waiting for the pitman arm, idler arm and idler bracket to show up. Still have not decided what to do with the leaking like waterfall Steering box. I just don't have another $400. to drop but don't want to do this twice so maybe ordering a redhead tomorrow.

·
Registered
4,888 Posts
Check out blue top. Little less spendy than red top.

·
LHN...We ARE the Joneses
26,320 Posts
. Still have not decided what to do with the leaking like waterfall Steering box.
Thought I had a leak there too. Turned out to be the O-ring at the pump, on the HP line from the pump to the HB was seeping/leaking, dripping down and covering the box, steering components, frame rails, etc.

Good news.....up under it and spraying berryman's on everything, I discovered a grease fitting on the bottom end of the ISS.
Who knew? :geek: Plan on filling that up and see if the clunking dissipates or not.

·
Registered
462 Posts
Not sure what you mean by ISS. I thought I found the leak on a return hose from Cooler when I did the water pump last month. Tightened up the hose fittings and hosed it all down but its back and the lines are dry, I will pop the inner fender out tomorrow and take a better look at the fittings. I Am thinking the box is shit cause it steers so so and I have replaced all lines and PUMP with a PSC added the cooler and it still don't like to turn on a stand still and I only have 285x16 on it. That leads me to the SHITTING brakes still after $1000 in parts and 2 gallons of flush LOL

·
LHN...We ARE the Joneses
26,320 Posts
ISS
Intermediate steering shaft.
A few drops of PS fluid can spread out and look like 5 gallons.

·
Registered
462 Posts
ISS
Intermediate steering shaft.
A few drops of PS fluid can spread out and look like 5 gallons.
Understood, shaft is good to go. I upgraded awhile ago no clunky clunky

·
LHN...We ARE the Joneses
26,320 Posts
Nothing to do with your leak, just thought it was interesting to find a zerk on it, after all of these years.
Bought a new one probably 10 years ago because of the clunk. New bearing too.
Never have installed either. I use the ISS to prop up the Sub by my desk, so it projects up at an angle. Works good. :LOL:

·
Registered
4,888 Posts
Have a leak coming from (I think) the magnefine filter I installed on the power steering line and I can confirm, it looks like it’s everywhere.

44701 - 44720 of 44720 Posts