Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

44861 - 44880 of 44922 Posts

·
Registered
4,105 Posts
Drove 100 mile round trip to pick up the new buggy. Unfortunately I didn't snap a pic of it loaded up on the trailer, I was just so ready to leave after almost 4 hours at the powersports dealer doing the "paperwork". No fault of theirs though, some construction company outside hit the cable underground and they lost internet and phone for a few hours.
Edit: trying to attach a picture of the new buggy but Tapatalk ain't having it. I'll try later
Let's try it this way. Here is said sxs that I picked up over the weekend

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,366 Posts
Smart Ass Jr's 05 1500 Silverado puked the transmission last month at 344,000 miles. $1700. for the rebuild. Trans shop thought is was the original unit.

·
Most Known Unknown
29,415 Posts
2001 Sierra Cummins:
Cut the flange off for the HT3B side of the hot pipe and cleaned it up

Next up is setting the compound setup on the motor and getting the new flange mocked up

E67CCBB5-36ED-422E-A0F2-58F3DD4B7A70.jpeg

·
Premium Member
9,717 Posts
Let's try it this way. Here is said sxs that I picked up over the weekend

Love our Honda, so much better than the John Deere Gator. On a side note drove the 01 to work for a change.

·
Registered
4,105 Posts
Love our Honda, so much better than the John Deere Gator. On a side note drove the 01 to work for a change.
I love it so far. Had a Kawasaki ATV before this which was flawless. The Jap motors have been around a long time, they know what they're doing. Everyone has Polaris, and I've heard mixed reviews about them. Originally wanted a Can Am Defender, but all the dealers around my area were sold out of the model I wanted.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Picked up a craigslist special tiny pool / ping pong table for the bonus room and brought it home in Great White. For what I have in it I won't mind if my kids destroy it in no time.

Also pulled off the driver's side step that was squeaking and put some grease on the body lift pucks that I installed to lower the step to a more usable height. Quieted it right up.

·
Registered
1,366 Posts
Damn that's crazy! How's the rest of the truck look?

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk
Damn that's crazy! How's the rest of the truck look?

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk
We bought the truck with 190k on it 6-7 years ago. Still good. He takes pretty good care of it. We don't have much of a rust problem down here. My Chevy truck tech buddy put a new oil pump and timing chain in at about 275k. He lifted it 3 inches and runs 33" all terrain Coopers on it. Still gets over 15 mpg. He needs a 3.73 rear gear in it and a tune.

·
Registered
1,366 Posts
Picked up a craigslist special tiny pool / ping pong table for the bonus room and brought it home in Great White. For what I have in it I won't mind if my kids destroy it in no time.

Also pulled off the driver's side step that was squeaking and put some grease on the body lift pucks that I installed to lower the step to a more usable height. Quieted it right up.

You did what to lower the step? My older step bars are too close to the cab for my boot to fit easily. Please explain.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I finally installed my Tyger running boards, it took amazon nearly three weeks to get them to me after they lost the first set.

·
Registered
185 Posts
You did what to lower the step? My older step bars are too close to the cab for my boot to fit easily. Please explain.
I bought 2.5" diameter 2" tall body lift pucks and bought 2" longer body mount bolts. Put the pucks in above the step mounting points and the longer bolts with a ton of HD grease to keep them from squeaking. Costed about $70 total and about 2 hours to pull the steps, clean them up, paint them (I didn't like the chrome) and reinstall with the pucks in place. It is MAJOR improvement to actually be able to use the steps more effectively now. IIRC there are some before and after pics in this thread from early 2018. Here is what it looks like now:

Here are the pucks that I bought on eBay:

My LBZ needed 6 - 3 per side.

EDIT: Here is the thread with the before and after pics from January 2018:

·
Most Known Unknown
29,415 Posts

·
Registered
17,810 Posts
Set compression and rebound on the new viking shocks and took it for a spin. So much nicer then the monomax shocks in the stock locations.

Not my daily driver, more of a weekend warrior and racing at the track. Bed goes back on hopefully this weekend.

Think I'm gonna get rid of the emergency brakelines eventually

Sent from my VS988 using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
1,323 Posts
Shipped the Banks black/machined rear diff cover back to Cali for the Black Ops cover. Customer service was real cool with it.

·
Premium Member
2,515 Posts
Drove it 500 miles.

·
Most Known Unknown
29,415 Posts
2012 Silverado Duramax:
Unloaded the motor and transmission for the Yukon finally

421350F1-EBAC-4020-B41E-CA2E2C6A2AC8.jpeg
3167A93B-B55F-447C-88DF-F2C13FDF5DA1.jpeg
F0DEA748-555B-4796-A31A-0A1A54BD2133.jpeg