Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

44961 - 44962 of 44962 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Swapped in the seats from a '99 Silvy 1500 as my seats were pretty worn out and the '99's were in much better shape. Also put in a new radio that has a CD player (current aftermarket one did not) and got an antenna installed as the old one had been broken off long before I bought the truck. Summer tires on, winter tires in the garage.

Will finally be able to tow something with the truck for the first time in a couple of weeks. Heading out to Missouri to bring back an '02 Silvy RCSB 2wd. Hey, its free and has the manual 5 speed. My wife has already claimed it as her summer vehicle. Does have a cooling issue, though. Just hope the Dexcool wasn't mixed with something else and the engine is clogged up.

·
Most Known Unknown
29,434 Posts
2012 Silverado Duramax:
Pulled the front rotors off to have them checked and trimmed if needed. Passenger caliper appeared to be catching so I pulled the pins out to find lots of rust. Cleaned it all and dropped off the rotors and should reassemble tomorrow with grease.

View attachment 1077383 View attachment 1077384 View attachment 1077385 View attachment 1077386
Finally finished this up yesterday after work.

Permatex caliper grease and some freshly turned front rotors got rid of any shimmy' I had when braking. I drove it to work today and had zero issues. Once I find a 10mm hex drive for the slide bolts I'll be able to loosen one on the DS and be able to re-grease if needed *(it's going to require some slight impact action), and I'll grease the rears as well.

AACrufP.img.jpg

44961 - 44962 of 44962 Posts