Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

44981 - 45000 of 45038 Posts

·
Registered
1,409 Posts
Or money to mod his truck.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk
Money to save for tuition in engineering classes. Already has 2 year machining degree.
1st thing is to replace the ac blower resistor so he can get his AC working. Summer is here in Alabama and he has a new girlfriend. She's a cowgirl and does not mind no AC. So that's good, but she has horses, so that's questionable. At least her parents are footing the bill for the horses while she is in school.

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
Put about 3k miles on in the last month. Did about 1500 last week. Drove empty to Missouri to pick up the boat. Then went the 5 hours to Kentucky lake. Averaged 15.5 mpg (per the DIC), over the 700 or so miles pulling the 5k lb boat. Love the way this thing handles a trailer.

Also, took my steers on their last ride before they hit the deep freeze!
20200605_103920.jpg
20200602_065252.jpg

·
Registered
1,409 Posts
RUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUNNNNNN!!!!!!
He said, why do I keep finding these girls that like horses? The last one also had horses. He is not a cowboy, just kinda redneck. Shorts, boots and no sleeves, because he flexed and his sleeves fell off. According to him. Sleeves are also communist. Mama said she did not raise him that way.

·
Registered
691 Posts
I’ve got three.....mankind with all his advancements since the beginning of time has still not yet found a more efficient way to convert perfectly good money to piles of shit :poop:

But if it keeps momma happy

·
Premium Member
22 Posts
Well finally pulled the trigger on something y'all.

Plus since my last update I've picked up a few more sponsors. I'll attach a link to a video with a full 360° http://instagr.am/p/CA1VdFIAVNQ/

Reactions: Babyhauler

·
Registered
1,600 Posts
Got my wheels and tires mounted yesterday, put them on the truck, then used the truck to pull the boat to the river for the day.

·
Premium Member
681 Posts

·
Registered
1,600 Posts
Thanks. Waited 8 weeks for them but I like them too. Couldn’t find many pics of them on trucks before I ordered them but they turned out great I think.

·
Premium Member
1,329 Posts

·
Registered
1,600 Posts
Nice! How do you like the Ranger aluminum? I have the RB190 with Yamaha 115 Vmax.
So far I'm liking it a lot. Only have had it for like a 1.5 weeks. It's quite a step up from our 16' Crestliner we had. Wish I could have gotten an Etec on it, but with them ending production of the Etec, we were forced to go with a Mercury or a Yamaha and they had this one available. For the four times I've had it out, the Merc seems to run pretty good and it's almost as quiet as the previous Etec we had.

Reactions: Black HD

·
Registered
233 Posts
I like all of the vacationing pics. I just had injectors put in (SAC00's) Mechanic screwed up didnt tighten a banjo bolt it was dumping fuel making oil. 4 gallons to be exact, stripped valve cover bolts upper and lowers, put a broken hose back on.Broke an injector electrical connector and gave it back like that (not being able to see this stuff) Ill stop there i tried to take it back he said just drive it, the injectors have to break in...WTF, did a mechanic just say that?
I felt something was wrong. I broke into it myself and tore it all down. Thats when i found all of the issues. SHOUT OUT TO BRENT AT LDS. He told me how to run it with the valve cover off and check for leaks etc...Im far from a diesel mechanic but its all nuts and bolts. So thats when i found all of the issues, ordered all new gaskets, bolt kits, etc...

Corrected the loose banjo bolt after running it with the valve covers off (Thanks Brent) and the put it all back together but not without finding a broken pin and a wire touching the valve cover off of the top of an injector. Lincoln Diesel Specialties helped me gratefully with shipping to product knowledge and just straight up customer service like no other.

Runs awesome shoulda done it myself from the get go. Happy motoring!!!

·
Registered
5,028 Posts
So much better, got about 6 years out of the old ones.

Any thoughts for protecting these other than some kind of clear coat?

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk
KBS Coatings has their DiamondFinish that they recommend on headlights. I used their chassis paint on my frame and really like it.

·
Registered
1,409 Posts
CTS2 monitor stopped working yesterday. Edge said the screens will go out sometimes. I am sending it back to them to check it out.

·
Registered
4,115 Posts
CTS2 monitor stopped working yesterday. Edge said the screens will go out sometimes. I am sending it back to them to check it out.
Happens way more often that it should. They just want you to buy the next new monitor. I've heard of plenty of issues with the CTS3 already. I tried to "trade in" my CTS1 last year when the touch screen quit working and the internet updates didn't work, and they only wanted to give me like $20 off of a CTS2. Also they wouldn't even try to just fix the screen on my 1 because they don't have the supplies anymore, which I do not believe. They could of fixed it if they wanted to.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Reactions: 1TRIKHD
44981 - 45000 of 45038 Posts