Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

45001 - 45020 of 45038 Posts

·
Registered
1,409 Posts
Happens way more often that it should. They just want you to buy the next new monitor. I've heard of plenty of issues with the CTS3 already. I tried to "trade in" my CTS1 last year when the touch screen quit working and the internet updates didn't work, and they only wanted to give me like $20 off of a CTS2. Also they wouldn't even try to just fix the screen on my 1 because they don't have the supplies anymore, which I do not believe. They could of fixed it if they wanted to.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
I hope that does not happen, but the thought crossed my mind.

·
Registered
4,115 Posts
My Friend and I took his l5p to Texas and back, to pickup a tractor.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk
How'd it pull?

·
Registered
1,409 Posts
I completed the install of a new radiator today. I discovered a crack in the side tank on friday. What a job to get all the junk out of the way to get to it. My son drove over and helped with most assembly and re-assembly. At least until getting the new lower hose onto the radiator. Even with the proper hose clamp tool, it took us about 40 minutes to get the new, tight hose and clamp installed. PITA. It should not fall off. It is always something on a project like this. Old radiator had lots of grass and debris stuck to it between rad and intercooler. I was not expecting that much. My steering gear has a slight leak and I think that coats all of that making dirt and grass stick to it easier. Plus, I am off road fairly often. I'm pulling the 20 ft enclosed trailer in traffic tomorrow, so that should be a good test for it. I am so ready for a newer truck.

·
Registered
4,115 Posts
I completed the install of a new radiator today. I discovered a crack in the side tank on friday. What a job to get all the junk out of the way to get to it. My son drove over and helped with most assembly and re-assembly. At least until getting the new lower hose onto the radiator. Even with the proper hose clamp tool, it took us about 40 minutes to get the new, tight hose and clamp installed. PITA. It should not fall off. It is always something on a project like this. Old radiator had lots of grass and debris stuck to it between rad and intercooler. I was not expecting that much. My steering gear has a slight leak and I think that coats all of that making dirt and grass stick to it easier. Plus, I am off road fairly often. I'm pulling the 20 ft enclosed trailer in traffic tomorrow, so that should be a good test for it. I am so ready for a newer truck.
I think I want a new truck about every 6 months or so, then remember I don't want that payment!

·
Registered
348 Posts
Cleaned it out, ordered a power steering cooler and waiting on new steering lines to come in to go get some hydro lines put on them since they seem to always start leaking after about 3k miles.

·
Registered
1,409 Posts
Yep, no payment in 8 years except for work equipment. Broke truck keeps me from working to make money. I'm not sure I would trust a 150k mile truck as much as mine. Studded engine, lots of new parts everywhere and I am familiar with it since I have been working on it for 6 years. The money I saved on buying this older truck has been blown by $16k in repairs. Probably should have $5,000 more for a newer truck back then. Oh well. Live and learn.

·
Registered
2,381 Posts
Looks like I'll be installing a rear window tomorrow. Schmucks stole an empty backpack while I was fishing

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,409 Posts
Looks like I'll be installing a rear window tomorrow. Schmucks stole an empty backpack while I was fishing

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk
Nah, they were just protesting.
Geniuses. Good luck fixing it sir.

·
Premium Member
681 Posts
Bought a toy for it to pull.

We have almost the exact same layout from a different manufacturer and we love it. Your family will really enjoy it.
C51D5F0E-7CB6-4B77-AAB0-C89A3E6049B8.jpeg

Reactions: rparlee

·
Registered
1,409 Posts
Installed my EFILive yesterday. Woo-Woo. Fired it up fine. Alright, now for 5 position switch. Wrestled with ecm and installed pins in the right spot. Re-assembled and eager for test drive.

No spin over. Spins jumping starter or start relay.

Mechanics and geniuses please see post in 911 section since I am dead in the water and I make a living using this truck.
Thanks guys!

·
Registered
1,409 Posts
PCM fuse.
Thanks Chevytech77

·
Most Known Unknown
29,462 Posts
2008 Silverado Gasser:
replaced my DS parking light bulbs up front and it still hyper blinks

swapped in new rears and it still hyper blinks

high beam bulb is new, even when swapping side to side the high beam will not come on for the DS

when using the DS blinker a small amount of light for the DS high beam is visible and the parking lights appear to be straining

I’m at a loss, have no idea what to check next 🤦‍♂️🤷🏼‍♂️🧐

5D727621-EE67-4173-B3A5-F36D78273FC6.jpeg

·
Registered
65 Posts
Went camping this weekend. Hauled the parents 5th wheel back home. Truck ran fine. My dad's lbz kept throwing low fuel pressure code on the way out there, so he didn't want to limp it home.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,409 Posts
2008 Silverado Gasser:
replaced my DS parking light bulbs up front and it still hyper blinks

swapped in new rears and it still hyper blinks

high beam bulb is new, even when swapping side to side the high beam will not come on for the DS

when using the DS blinker a small amount of light for the DS high beam is visible and the parking lights appear to be straining

I’m at a loss, have no idea what to check next 🤦‍♂️🤷🏼‍♂️🧐

View attachment 1078038
Blinker fluid level?
sorry.

Reactions: ChevyDMax89

·
Registered
1,409 Posts
No start this morning, just self spin over when turned to run.
Anyway, checked male pins on ECM and 3 of them are pushed back into the ecm. o_O
Can you fix that or send it to ecm rebuilder? Is there one in the south?

45001 - 45020 of 45038 Posts