Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

45081 - 45100 of 45112 Posts

·
Most Known Unknown
29,511 Posts
I definitely could have tucked it better at the bottom, but it does go over the top of the door and inside the cab just in case..

I was in a hurry before it started raining yesterday 😂

luckily I was able to leave at lunch because it was definitely getting dark in the skies!

·
Registered
212 Posts
Loaded up a bunch of 16"x16" pavers for a patio expansion

·
Registered
821 Posts
2008 Silverado Gasser:
- rain ready 🤷🏼‍♂️
Be careful if that's regular masking tape. That crap falls apart and the glue stays behind if it stays wet for too long.

I once pushed a window back into place, and used plumbers strapping to hold the window in place. it won't roll down, but it won't leak either. You might be able to use small c-clamps also if there is a decent place to grab ahold of. Its only a temp fix until you get the parts and good weather to install. In the mean time, you are driving something else.

·
Registered
2,382 Posts
Engine hours rolled over on the half ton? I know I was close to 6k

Truck just rolled 250k on the odometer, but definitely less than 40 hours ago

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

·
Most Known Unknown
29,511 Posts
Be careful if that's regular masking tape. That crap falls apart and the glue stays behind if it stays wet for too long.

I once pushed a window back into place, and used plumbers strapping to hold the window in place. it won't roll down, but it won't leak either. You might be able to use small c-clamps also if there is a decent place to grab ahold of. Its only a temp fix until you get the parts and good weather to install. In the mean time, you are driving something else.
its weird since I taped it up since it was supposed to rain all week, it didn’t rain at all until today when I was ready to change out the assembly 😂

·
Most Known Unknown
29,511 Posts
2012 Silverado Duramax:
- filled the fuel tank up

2008 Silverado Gasser:
  • pulled the truck in the garage (rain)
  • swapped out the regulator (easy)
  • forgot I needed to order a new pull handle (Doh!)
When I was originally removing the door panel I broke the aluminum socket deal that holds the pull cable ball end, so I have a new one on order. The window works like it should though!

9E8B8091-BC8E-4018-B2BE-4C3E98BAFC12.jpeg
2891D66D-5DA1-4F39-A20B-01CFC42D833F.jpeg

·
Registered
5,913 Posts
Garage looks full, time for new shop build😉

·
Registered
188 Posts
Couldn't risk going another winter withy hood in it's exposed metal condition. This week sanded all the way to metal, luckily no deep rusting. Painted the hood, clearcoat and added a graphic.

·
Premium Member
3,470 Posts
Changed oil and filter Saturday. T6 5w-40 and m1-303a. Got 240k on the ole girl now. Also greased the front end. Gotta get a normal coupler for my grease gun, the lock n lube doesn't fit anywhere except the upper ball joints and outer tie rods. The rest its too big to fit.

Truck needs a bath bad, been several weeks now, its covered in lime dust from gravel lots and everything being so dry without any rain. It's been to hot and sunny to do much with it though. Can't really wash it when it drys in seconds it seems like.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5,075 Posts
Yeah I have to switch between the straight and right-angle to get all of them.

·
Registered
2,185 Posts
I will have to pay more attention next time. I got a Lock n Lube as well and don't recall a fitting that I couldn't get. I did also put a 3' hose on my grease gun. That helps quite a bit.

Reactions: Melonhead1102

·
Premium Member
3,470 Posts
Ya I have a 3 ft hose on mine as well. Makes stuff much easier. I can't fit the lock n lube on the lower ball joints. Haven't really tried the pitman arm or idler arm. Works fine for the idler bracket with the extension hose.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Most Known Unknown
29,511 Posts
2008 Silverado Gasser:
Hauled a running lawnmower home from a friends house ($00.00)

Getting an MRI for my neck done in a couple of hours, wish me luck... I have to get an IV as well 🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️

I hope I don’t freak out 😂
FF7E8CC3-B854-4816-B0B5-2870D1391904.jpeg
310E2FFC-5DFE-4D14-B007-D29B895F581F.jpeg
BD08FE75-1ED8-4778-A31E-E52554F8030D.jpeg

·
Registered
5,075 Posts
Can you just throw that in reverse and launch it off the low truck? Might not be so good for the neck...

45081 - 45100 of 45112 Posts