45301 - 45320 of 45361 Posts

·
Registered
864 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Tire balancing ordeal Round IV:
I ordered a Counteract balance kit for my truck last night. Nowhere within reasonable distance has a balancer with a bolt on hub instead of the cones so I’m going to give the beads a shot.
Installed a set of Centramatics couple days ago. Massive difference in the 70-75 mph range. Wish I would have done it sooner. Can’t hardly see them under the factory wheels. If I had some open aftermarket wheels it would probably be ugly, would need to paint them black or something.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
127 Posts
I moved a wire around and put some hose on another spot to keep it from rubbing more than it has.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

·
Most Known Unknown
29,644 Posts
I’m
By the looks of it your next home project might need to be a parking garage. How many vehicles are you up to now? Tahoe, Jeep, 2 Silverados, the Rat cummins truck, and the Dodge.
Yes sir 😂😂

Don’t forget about the wifeys Camaro and the rusty golfer!

One year I’ll have something, even if it’s small, I don’t want to cut down the big trees out back (where I’d place a shop) so I think a 30x30 would be ideal. I actually enjoy all the shade those give me. 🤷🏼‍♂️

·
Registered
864 Posts
I’m

Yes sir 😂😂

Don’t forget about the wifeys Camaro and the rusty golfer!

One year I’ll have something, even if it’s small, I don’t want to cut down the big trees out back (where I’d place a shop) so I think a 30x30 would be ideal. I actually enjoy all the shade those give me. 🤷🏼‍♂️
30X30 Will only hold about 6-8 cars and that's probably pushing it, unless you plan on putting in multiple 4 post lift and storing them over under style.

If you start selling off stuff, the state may declare you a dealer and have to get a license for selling cars.🤣

·
Registered
932 Posts
30x30 AINT BIG ENOUGH FOR YOU!!!!!

That’s what I have now and seriously regret not going bigger. I was originally going to do 24x24 but luckily my FIL wouldn’t shut up about going bigger untill I did. My garage is realistically a 3 car, I can put my truck, wife’s car, and her 4 runner in and that’s it for full-size vehicles. The only vehicles in our fleet that we can end to end double stack in 30’ is the two Jeep’s. Currently there’s 2 Atvs, a side by side, 2 Jeep’s and her Pontiac G8, along with lawn mower, yard equipment, air compressor, all the rest of the normal crap you put in a garage. I have no room left. When you pour a 30x30 concrete slab your standing there thinking holy crap this is huge, my garage is gonna be great!!! Then you get it built and start filling it up and next thing you know shit where did all my room go??? I know you have an existing garage but I’d still go bigger with any new construction (y)

Reactions: Melonhead1102

·
Registered
6,058 Posts
He just gonna have to start storing them in that big company building he works for😉

·
Registered
932 Posts
VICTORY IS MINE!!!!!!!

8oz of Counteract beads In each tire and she’s smooth as glass up to 98 (ran out of straight stretch 😐)

I didn’t realize the beads won’t feed through a TPMS valve core, and I refuse to spend another dime on this, so I went old school with the manual atv/farm equipment bead breaker. Broke one side down, dumped the beads in and aired back up. Was a pain in the ass but the end justified the means(y)

·
Registered
127 Posts
Took off my summer wheels and tires and put the stocker's back on for winter. Changed the oil, fuel filter, and transfer case fluid. Did this yesterday afternoon.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
6,058 Posts

·
Registered
418 Posts
VICTORY IS MINE!!!!!!!

8oz of Counteract beads In each tire and she’s smooth as glass up to 98 (ran out of straight stretch 😐)

I didn’t realize the beads won’t feed through a TPMS valve core, and I refuse to spend another dime on this, so I went old school with the manual atv/farm equipment bead breaker. Broke one side down, dumped the beads in and aired back up. Was a pain in the ass but the end justified the means(y)
Ive always figured the beads were snake oil but I have a weird vibration around about 70 and I’m considering trying these haha.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Installed a boost and pyrometer gauge as well as figured out why my turbo was making a strange sound.

Sent from my tailpipe using unicorn farts

·
Registered
932 Posts
Ive always figured the beads were snake oil but I have a weird vibration around about 70 and I’m considering trying these haha.
I did too but it was either try the beads or drive an hour to a shop that has a balancer that uses a bolt on hub instead or those damn cones that won’t fit in my wheel right. If I’d known what a pain it was going to be I’d have went ahead and bought new tires. Custom Offsets called me before shipping the wheels and offered me a smoking deal on whatever tire I wanted plus free road force balancing......but I didn’t NEED tires 😐

·
Premium Member
694 Posts
I did too but it was either try the beads or drive an hour to a shop that has a balancer that uses a bolt on hub instead or those damn cones that won’t fit in my wheel right. If I’d known what a pain it was going to be I’d have went ahead and bought new tires. Custom Offsets called me before shipping the wheels and offered me a smoking deal on whatever tire I wanted plus free road force balancing......but I didn’t NEED tires 😐
The local Les Schwab tire shop never could get my 35’s balanced correctly, even after road force balancing them with their new high-end Hunter balancing machine. What’s even more embarrassing ... my tires are the Les Schwab brand Open Range tires, which have actually been a pretty good tire, the local shop just can’t get them balanced correctly.

I will however admit these newer GM heavy duty truck frames are so rigid they transmit every vibration, and for some reason the crew cab short box frame is the least forgiving.

So to deal with this I purchased a set of Centramatic balancers where I simply take my wheels off, slide them over the wheel studs, then put my wheels back on. Now my truck is smooth as glass at any speed on the highway, no matter how bad Les Schwab screws up my tire balancing. One of the best investments I have made regarding my Duramax build.

Reactions: ChevyDMax89

·
Registered
932 Posts
I’m pretty happy with the beads. I hadn’t drove it since the test drive but I just got back from a trip to town. If I’m really paying attention during quick acceleration I can feel just a very slight imbalance for a second or two then it goes away. Slower, steady acceleration I don’t feel anything. Likewise when I jam on the brakes (idiot pulled out in front of me) I feel a little wobble then they correct themselves. My next set of tires I’ll probably abandon the buy local mentality and make the journey to the big city for some better machinery.

Reactions: UTEngineer

·
Registered
4,138 Posts
The local Les Schwab never could get my 35’s perfectly balanced, even after road force balancing with a newer high end Hunter balancing machine. I will admit these newer GM heavy duty truck frames are so rigid they transmit every vibration, and for some reason the crew cab short box frame is the least forgiving.

However, I purchased a set of Centramatic balancers that I simply slide over the lug nuts, then put the wheel on. Now my truck is smooth as glass at any speed on the highway no matter how bad Les Schwab screws up my tire balancing. One of the best investments I have made regarding my Duramax build.

These are cool! Never seen them before. May look into them in the future.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Reactions: UTEngineer
45301 - 45320 of 45361 Posts