Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

45321 - 45340 of 45369 Posts

·
Registered
418 Posts
The local Les Schwab never could get my 35’s perfectly balanced, even after road force balancing with a newer high end Hunter balancing machine. I will admit these newer GM heavy duty truck frames are so rigid they transmit every vibration, and for some reason the crew cab short box frame is the least forgiving.

However, I purchased a set of Centramatic balancers that I simply slide over the lug nuts, then put the wheel on. Now my truck is smooth as glass at any speed on the highway no matter how bad Les Schwab screws up my tire balancing. One of the best investments I have made regarding my Duramax build.

makes senses why folks say spacers can make the ride worse.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Drove the d-max to Rogersville, MO and back today. Hand calculated got 18.1. Only 3 of us and a dog in the truck, so we were traveling pretty light. I swapped back to my winter wheels last weekend or so which have the falken wild peaks on them. They have a lot more road noise then I remembered. Or maybe I just got used to the quiet Michelin tires I run in the summer. Lol

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

Reactions: UTEngineer

·
Registered
418 Posts
Vacuumed it out and noticed my drivers side floor board was soaking wet. Looks like my parking brake grommet popped loose. Also removed my Fass Pump to send it back for inspection as I believe it’s going out.

·
Registered
2,680 Posts
I never get notifications from this thread so I haven't checked it for ages
Unfortunately mines booked in Monday to get all that crap put back in the exhaust
They reckon they can still get the same power with a reasonable economy so we will see
Still sucks I'm gonna miss that noise

·
Registered
128 Posts
I never get notifications from this thread so I haven't checked it for ages
Unfortunately mines booked in Monday to get all that crap put back in the exhaust
They reckon they can still get the same power with a reasonable economy so we will see
Still sucks I'm gonna miss that noise
Are they enforcing emissions in your state now? Or what's the reason for putting it all back on?

·
Registered
128 Posts
Yeah mate
They getting serious
Well that sucks! But I have heard that emissions intact tuning is getting just as good as deleted tunes.

·
Registered
493 Posts
got the denali ready for plow season,oil changed,oil filter switched to the big blue donaldson and allison spin on changed.all greased up,,now bring on the white gold.

Reactions: dsmspick

·
Registered
18,454 Posts
Bogarts came in today. Gonna check fitment before unwrapping and mounting on the M&H cheaters.

Sent from my VS988 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
128 Posts
Replaced cylinder 5 glow plug today. Also took off the side moldings as well. I was shocked at how much sand and dirt and what not was behind them when I pulled them off. I think it looks better without them. Also installed some decals for my father on his lbz. Nothing crazy.

·
Registered
18,454 Posts
New race wheels ceramic coated

Sent from my VS988 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
935 Posts
Replaced cylinder 5 glow plug today. Also took off the side moldings as well.
How bad was it to remove the adhesive? I’ve been thinking about pulling mine off for the same reason. I’ve noticed every time I spray it off with the pressure washer there’s a bucket full of dirt that comes out from behind those little strips.

·
Registered
128 Posts
How bad was it to remove the adhesive? I’ve been thinking about pulling mine off for the same reason. I’ve noticed every time I spray it off with the pressure washer there’s a bucket full of dirt that comes out from behind those little strips.
Honestly not as bad as I thought. I first used some fishing line to cut the double sided tape so I could have a place to pull the molding off. Then I washed it off really well once it was removed. It was pretty easy to pull them off once you got a place started.

Next I used the 3m eraser tool. Its an attachment for your drill, and worked amazingly well. I highly recommend getting one. Makes the job super easy. I just turned my drill to low speed and made sure I did not stay in one place for too long. I found that if you work against the direction the drill is spinning it works way better. Also use a wrench to tighten the eraser to the little chuck it comes with. If you tighten it by hand and it will spin right out.(maybe I'm just a pussy lol)

After that there is still a residue left, from the eraser and the tape, so I took some wd-40 and an old undershirt and removed all of that.

There was still a bit of hard residue from the tape(a thin line from the edges of the tape and was mainly on the top strip of tape). It was only seen at certain angles, but I got some rubbing compound and an old undershirt (not the same one as before) and rubbed those out. My truck is not super clean or perfect, but if I'm doing something I might as well do it the best that I can.

Then once I wiped all of that off and got it where i wanted it. I went back and waxed the whole area since it has never had a coat of wax under the moldings before. Let the wax haze and wiped with a microfiber to a shine.

45321 - 45340 of 45369 Posts