Rotated tires and put some bilsteins on the Bus

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: dsmspick and toxic

·
Registered
20,068 Posts
Rotated tires and put some bilsteins on the Bus

opened the barn door. Unloaded the quad out do the bed. Shut the barn.

so now it’s sitting there with no weight in the bed.
Hasn’t been driven in over a week now. Not sure when it will get driven again.

·
Registered
418 Posts
Hooked my Fass lift pump back up to perform the bucket test.... can confirm pumps not doing it’s thing anymore Lol low pressure and no fuel returning. Also decided to give the bottle test a try to narrow down some fuel issues I believe I may be having. Up next is clear fuel lines installed to the filter head to see if airs getting in

·
Most Known Unknown
29,644 Posts
30X30 Will only hold about 6-8 cars and that's probably pushing it, unless you plan on putting in multiple 4 post lift and storing them over under style.

If you start selling off stuff, the state may declare you a dealer and have to get a license for selling cars.🤣
I might get the Jeep stable as far as vacuum leaks and then sell it for cheap but still make somewhat of a profit, so I can focus on the Yukon and D100 (once I get it off the trailer)

I don’t want too big of a space because then I’ll just keep accumulating stuff 🤦‍♂️

30x30 AINT BIG ENOUGH FOR YOU!!!!!

That’s what I have now and seriously regret not going bigger. I was originally going to do 24x24 but luckily my FIL wouldn’t shut up about going bigger untill I did. My garage is realistically a 3 car, I can put my truck, wife’s car, and her 4 runner in and that’s it for full-size vehicles. The only vehicles in our fleet that we can end to end double stack in 30’ is the two Jeep’s. Currently there’s 2 Atvs, a side by side, 2 Jeep’s and her Pontiac G8, along with lawn mower, yard equipment, air compressor, all the rest of the normal crap you put in a garage. I have no room left. When you pour a 30x30 concrete slab your standing there thinking holy crap this is huge, my garage is gonna be great!!! Then you get it built and start filling it up and next thing you know shit where did all my room go??? I know you have an existing garage but I’d still go bigger with any new construction (y)
My rusty truck was actually built in my cousins 24x24 😀 but I don’t have any ATV’s or SXS’s. I’d have to walk it out again but where I want to put it I’d like to keep certain trees there to aid in shade!

I understand the buy once cry once mentality but anything is possible once it’s go time, if it ever happens.

OR,
If I center it deeper in the woods I could go bigger and run a nice little gravel snake shaped path that leads to it!

He just gonna have to start storing them in that big company building he works for😉
funny thing about that... I put my two weeks notice in yesterday via phone since I’m stuck out of town still on a job. 14.5 years continuously and I’m ready for something new, which I already have a job...I’ll post pictures in the LML thread later next month.

·
Registered
932 Posts
I’m telling ya, think about what you need, then go BIGGER. You can never have too much garage space.

Reactions: toxic

·
Registered
743 Posts
Today I installed new Recon tail lights. They look 10 times better vs the stock wimpy 2014-2019 look on the silverado. (I like the look of the 2014-2019 Sierra tail lights but hate the GMC front end look) More photos to come.

·
Registered
258 Posts
Maintenance time with my lil man.

Oil and filter change
Fuel filter change
Spin on trans filter change
Cleaned Airaid filter
Changed glow plug #6
Cleared P0676 code
Drove it to the ride dirt bikes

·
Registered
418 Posts
Figured I’d finally test the theory of my fuel gauge being inaccurate... has always read E after only 14 gallons being used. Had it recalibrated through my tunes but wasn’t enough to even it back out.

Attachments

·
Registered
4,138 Posts
Figured I’d finally test the theory of my fuel gauge being inaccurate... has always read E after only 14 gallons being used. Had it recalibrated through my tunes but wasn’t enough to even it back out.
So the new tuning adjusted it by 10 gallons it looks like? That's pretty good!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
418 Posts
So the new tuning adjusted it by 10 gallons it looks like? That's pretty good!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
No I’m still on the first go with tuning and it went down two gallons actually Lol I just decided to see just how many gallons used I could push after a while the gas light turns off. It’s just stayed on E since 13.5 used haha

·
Registered
932 Posts
Shaky Tires round......I’ve lost count 🤬

So I tried the Counteract beads and they work great......kinda. They shake a little on acceleration, then they’ll smooth out as long as your going straight. Go around a curve, hit a bump, brake or accelerate hard and you get about 10 seconds of shaking before they reset themselves. I tried to live with it but can’t. This morning I made about 20 calls to every tire shop for miles and miles around me. I explained the problem with the way my wheels were made and nobody offered any help. I wound up making an appointment for next weekend an hour away at $100. I made one last call and lo and behold Crowe Tire in Hazard Kentucky told me they sell my wheels and had the adapter to balance them. They’re only 30 minutes away so I scamper my happy ass up there shaking the whole way. I get there and when I pull in the bay I see a HUNTER ELITE ROAD FORCE BALANCER basking in a beam of light straight from Heaven. I tell them I want THAT. Guy tells me it’s “it’s a little more money”. I told him I didn’t GAF I want this thing to quit shaking before I set it on fire.

Broke down all 4, vacuumed the beads out, remounted and RF for the grand whopping total of $60 and this bitch rides like a freakin Caddy now🙌🥳(y)(y) I don’t have to set my truck on fire!!!!!

Rant over😬

·
Registered
258 Posts
Washed it on probably the last 70 degree day off the year. Getting down in the 20s next week.

·
Premium Member
3,526 Posts
Changed engine oil and fuel filters. First change using the Baldwin b1441 oil filter, always used the Mobil 1 M1-303 or 303A. Still the same Rotella T6 5w-40, and Baldwin fass filters 1258 and 7633. Also switched to the winter wheel and tire setup since they're calling for several inches of snow Monday and Tuesday. I painted the stock wheels a few weeks ago, I hated how pitted and nasty they looked, even though they are just winter wheels at this point.

·
Registered
16 Posts
A complete brake system fluid flush. She was over due!

Reactions: dsmspick and toxic

·
Registered
68 Posts
It’s my birthday (almost..) so son did me right with new mirrors. Before and after 20201129_144018.jpg 20201129_144044_HDR.jpg

·
Finally! Wheels on!
9,369 Posts
Happy birthday!

Reactions: dsmspick

·
Registered
6,058 Posts
same thing happened to me.... twice now my motto is all at once Lol
Would not of made a difference they are on opposite sides. I think this the the 3rd on bad on this 2013 in 677k miles. I changed 6 total when I had the 2010 in 853,000 miles.

45341 - 45360 of 45361 Posts