Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!

45821 - 45840 of 45854 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Yeah, it's not worth my time anymore to do all that crap. When I finally give in and buy all the front end parts, its goin to a buddy's shop lol.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
In order to save time, I just purchased the new lower and upper control arms. I always hated replacing the bushings.
So much faster!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2021 Denali HD Fabtech Lift and 37s
123 Posts
I like it a lot. It has come in handy many times when hauling studs and track. I put it down all the way and have the fork lift operator load everything. Then I get him to lift up one side of the materials while I close and then lower the top half of the tailgate. I was even able to close my bed cover with this load.

·
Registered
515 Posts
changed the oil yesterday,was surprised,truck didn't use much oil.put 12 quarts in around 10k ago and ~12qts came out.not bad for a truck w/ 119k on it.

·
Registered
348 Posts
Washed 10k pounds of pollen off it and recharged the AC refrigerant

Reactions: ChevyDMax89

·
Registered
942 Posts
Changed the factory shocks to the Bilstein 5100's. Now I just need to drive it.

Reactions: ChevyDMax89

·
Registered
159 Posts
I also installed new headlights. the old were crazed and in bad shape.

·
Registered
4,158 Posts

·
Registered
4,158 Posts
changed the oil yesterday,was surprised,truck didn't use much oil.put 12 quarts in around 10k ago and ~12qts came out.not bad for a truck w/ 119k on it.
Why are you putting 12 quarts in it when it takes 10.....

Reactions: rock4xfab

·
Registered
159 Posts
This is a beautiful truck for its age! I have an 06 and the clear coat and paint is falling off lol. Has it been repainted?

Nope. All original. And I wash it every 6 months or so. Truck has 310k miles now. The seats were getting bad so the interior is a great upgrade. Next will be the headliner.

45821 - 45840 of 45854 Posts