Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
46341 - 46360 of 46405 Posts

·
Super Moderator
1,223 Posts

·
Registered
2021 Denali HD Fabtech Lift and 37s
378 Posts
Congrats on the new truck!

Reactions: RanchWaterRanch

·
Registered
20 Posts
Picked this up 2 weeks ago. 19.5k miles, 509 hrs

1. Changed the fuel filter, it was showing 25% on the dash.
2. Cleaned the MAP sensor, wasn’t too bad really.
3. Sprayed the bottom and inside the frame with fluid film. Highly recommend to anyone living in the north. It’s super easy, cheap, and doesn’t come off in the car wash!
4. Just ordered an iDash to monitor while towing
5. Ordered the seating solutions seat riser. The seats in the base are super low, but I love that I can hose them off if need be and not hurt anything!

·
Registered
2019 GMC Sierra 2500HD AT4 Crew Cab 6.6 L5P Duramax
65 Posts
For months, there's been this rattle in front of the overhead compartment, where the dome light switch is. It sounded like a marble was rolling around. I finally removed the switch panel and there was a Phillip's screw lying there. It looked like it was one of the screws that would hold up the overhead compartment but I did not see where anything was missing.

·
Registered
1,446 Posts
Picked this up 2 weeks ago. 19.5k miles, 509 hrs

1. Changed the fuel filter, it was showing 25% on the dash.
2. Cleaned the MAP sensor, wasn’t too bad really.
3. Sprayed the bottom and inside the frame with fluid film. Highly recommend to anyone living in the north. It’s super easy, cheap, and doesn’t come off in the car wash!
4. Just ordered an iDash to monitor while towing
5. Ordered the seating solutions seat riser. The seats in the base are super low, but I love that I can hose them off if need be and not hurt anything!

Seating solutions? What does that do?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
10,614 Posts
Received my lift pump from Air Dog today. Fast shipping! Throwing my warranty card in the mail tomorrow.

What are people using for a gauge on the pump? I was going to get the EAS system for my CTS3 but $350 seems insane for the EAS and the sensor.
If you still have the factory filter assembly they make an adapter that converts the threads of the bleed screw to 1/8" NPT and then you can put a gauge there. I have the adapter then a short nipple, a tee with the gauge on top and a pitcock on the side for bleeding purposes, it's under the hood but at least I can check when needed. Note: if you go this route don't cheap out on the gauge or they won't last very long.

Reactions: Sulfur

·
Registered
83 Posts
If you still have the factory filter assembly they make an adapter that converts the threads of the bleed screw to 1/8" NPT and then you can put a gauge there. I have the adapter then a short nipple, a tee with the gauge on top and a pitcock on the side for bleeding purposes, it's under the hood but at least I can check when needed. Note: if you go this route don't cheap out on the gauge or they won't last very long.
I like that idea! I think I’ll do that. Thank you!

Today I received my GMC center caps from eBay. No more bow ties on this truck.

·
Registered
1,446 Posts
They are steel brackets that go under the seat. Lifts it 1.5”. The base seats sit so low it’s kind of absurd. This should help greatly. I will post pictures before and after.
I have felt he same I don’t Iike the roll out of my truck feeling but the seat sits so low it’s like a car and I have already ripped my seat on the side in just two months

·
Registered
20 Posts
I have felt he same I don’t Iike the roll out of my truck feeling but the seat sits so low it’s like a car and I have already ripped my seat on the side in just two months

They showed up today ans just finished install. Whole deal, both pass and driver took about 15-20 min. So easy. So happy with the result!

What you get! All comes wrapped up really well!

Before with the panel off already

Drivers door side done

Here is drivers inside lined up ready to be bolted in.

Final result, 1.5” lift. Makes the seating position in truck much more comfortable!

New included hardware on left. 12.9 vs 10.9 for the stock stuff. Probably good for this application.

·
Registered
6,453 Posts
2012 Silverado Duramax:
  • weighed the truck
  • topped off a few times with fuel

With me being 185 pounds and having maybe 250 pounds of garage junk in the bed the truck weighs roughly 7945 pounds (full fuel tank)

View attachment 1091498 View attachment 1091499
😑Hey your supposed to scale with axles on separate weigh plates 🤦 jeeze my truck doesn't even weigh that much with 110 gallons of fuel🤯

·
Registered
2021 Denali HD Fabtech Lift and 37s
378 Posts
Got the big girl detailed.

Reactions: dsmspick

·
Registered
50 Posts
Installed 5 inch exhaust on the LLY. Today. Could not break free the down pipe to prolate it. Heat welded SOLID.

·
Registered
251 Posts
I put the other 4 sac 45s in on the drivers side today waiting on the red goo to cure under the injector cups before I see if it leaks tomorrow or the next day.

46341 - 46360 of 46405 Posts