Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
46361 - 46380 of 46405 Posts

·
Premium Member
361 Posts
Finished installing my injectors. Now cleaning up wiring and hose routing while still apart. Waiting on my kryptonite front end parts.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Not exactly today, but changed the differential fluid to Amsoil Severe Gear. Pretty sure it was the original, dark and stanky. Then pulled the new home 400 miles.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
361 Posts
Finished injector install

Reactions: mray

·
Registered
4,180 Posts
They showed up today ans just finished install. Whole deal, both pass and driver took about 15-20 min. So easy. So happy with the result!

What you get! All comes wrapped up really well!

Before with the panel off already

Drivers door side done

Here is drivers inside lined up ready to be bolted in.

Final result, 1.5” lift. Makes the seating position in truck much more comfortable!

New included hardware on left. 12.9 vs 10.9 for the stock stuff. Probably good for this application.

Very cool idea and modification, and excuse my ignorance because I have a 15 year old truck, but does the ass part of the seat on the newer trucks not adjust upwards and downwards? Or maybe just not enough for your comfort? I know if I put my buddy's seat all the way up when I drive his my head will go out the sunroof lol.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5,655 Posts
Very cool idea and modification, and excuse my ignorance because I have a 15 year old truck, but does the ass part of the seat on the newer trucks not adjust upwards and downwards? Or maybe just not enough for your comfort? I know if I put my buddy's seat all the way up when I drive his my head will go out the sunroof lol.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
I believe it is a “base” model truck. He mentioned being able to hose them down, which, to me, means work truck with vinyl seats and floor. It wasn’t very clear in his original post, so I’m reading between the lines a bit

OP correct me if I’m wrong.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I believe it is a “base” model truck. He mentioned being able to hose them down, which, to me, means work truck with vinyl seats and floor. It wasn’t very clear in his original post, so I’m reading between the lines a bit

OP correct me if I’m wrong.
Correct, it’s the base model. Vinyl floors but cloth seats. Only adjustment is forward and back. The stock seats are just so low, this made them feel more like my old Ford did.

·
Registered
1,419 Posts
Oil change and new cabin air filter. First one at 48k miles. Will not be waiting this long again
Automotive lighting Hood Automotive tire Automotive design Motor vehicle
Tire Wheel Automotive tire Motor vehicle Tread
Automotive lighting Hood Automotive tire Automotive design Motor vehicle

·
Registered
5,655 Posts

·
Registered
2021 Denali HD Fabtech Lift and 37s
378 Posts
Now, my question is, would the 54” sheets fit between the wheel wells? Guessing not.

Never mind the 12’ length of those suckers.
I don't think the 54" sheets would fit. The 4x8s were no problem. I would probably be comfortable hauling 4x10s but would start getting sketched out at 4x12s. I hauled 16' studs once in the truck and it was a 1 time only deal. I checked my heart rate at a stoplight and I was at 128 BPM because I was so scared they were going to fall out. I had them strapped down pretty well and I made it but never again! I don't mind hauling studs up to 14' long though.

·
Registered
2007 Chevrolet CCSB 4X4 LMM... its red
27 Posts
Put my camper shell back on and gave it a good bath today. I'm thinking of reinstalling the stock exhaust soon.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Put my camper shell back on and gave it a good bath today. I'm thinking of reinstalling the stock exhaust soon.
I'm thinking of going to a stock tip as well. What are you leaning towards?

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2007 Chevrolet CCSB 4X4 LMM... its red
27 Posts
I'm thinking of going to a stock tip as well. What are you leaning towards?

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk
I bought my truck with the exhaust already installed and I found a stock exhaust recently. I am thinking about using it so that I am able to pass inspection and use what I call "off the shelf" tuners. As it is, I can't really do anything without going the efi route. I am finding that to be a headache. Having the truck a little quieter won't hurt my feelings either. I like the rumble but sometimes I could do without it.

46361 - 46380 of 46405 Posts