Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
46421 - 46440 of 46526 Posts

·
Premium Member
372 Posts
Took my truck to the dealer to update ecm with new injectors.

·
Registered
213 Posts
changed the fuel filter on my 2018. I think I liked changing the filter better on the pre - L5Ps. This thing was a pain in the ass if you are a big fella and don't have ramps or a curb to put it up on. I have the diesel fuel that ran down my arm and into my shirt as well as the big stains on the driveway to prove that as well. SOME of the fuel made it into the bucket I had underneath... Also I suggest you DO invest in the proper filter wrench or socket to remove the thing and not use large channel locks like I did. (The thing was very tight on there, but you should only have to hand tighten it, not crank on it with terrible force, the amount of torque needed is even stamped onto the housing)

In addition, the AC/Delco filter I ordered off of Amazon had a slit O-ring. The big one. WTH!? But stupid of me because I didn't bother checking the thing when I got it a few months ago. Thankfully the old O-Rings seem to still work so I got lucky.

The good news? It seems to be a bit more peppy since changing the filter. It had gotten down to 13% life remaining, according to the DIC - and I usually change my fuel filters once a year, or every 10,000 miles, whichever comes first. (Thanks to the advice of wise folks on here and gm-trucks.com)
I'm going to swing by NAPA tomorrow to pick up a new filter to keep it in the truck, as one never knows what will happen when out on the road. All it takes is 1 tank of bad fuel. the old filter looked well used. I question if the non-GM dealer I got the truck from actually changed the filter when I got the truck at 12,000 miles.. they claim they did.. well claim they took it to a local lube joint (Grease Monkey) to have the oil changed, fuel filter changed, and cabin air filter. I know they did the oil and likely the cabin air filter. Not so sure about the fuel filter. May have just reset the monitor. Anyway, it's good to go now. Will also pick up a NAPA Gold air filter and change that out as well, I generally do that once a year as well and I got the truck in November of last year, but we've had a lot of dirty air here in Colorado this year from the fires out west. Can't hurt to change it out sooner. Next oil change I'll change the Allison spin-on filter as well.

Ran her thru the wash twice.. lots of bugs to get off.

Going to run it by my repair facility tomorrow to have an A/C system cleaning done. The A/C has been very musty and sometimes smells like piss when running, ever since I got her back from the body shop where she sat for almost a full month waiting for the front bumper to be replaced. And the idiots at the auto body shop somehow managed to let paint spray of some sort get on the drivers side of the windshield as well as drivers side of the hood. I'll be taking a clay bar to the hood (and rest of the body later) and work on getting the stuff off of the windshield. I'm done with this body shop and don't want to go back for them to try to make it right, I don't trust them anymore.
Dang that’s a lot……good job staying on top of it all!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalks

·
Registered
97 Posts
Got my Opti-Lube XPD delivered today. I ran it for the summer of ‘20 and liked it. Switched to HotShots EDT this year because it was easier to get at the O’Reilly’s and could find it all over. I think the truck ran better on the Opti-Lube, at least it idled better. Didn’t notice anything when it came to fuel economy. I’d run bio-diesel if I could find it locally.

Reactions: viper8315

·
Registered
5,708 Posts
Hmm didn’t see one on my 2021. Will have to take a closer look.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I’m gonna have to crawl under mine this weekend and check now. It’s a 2020.

·
Registered
6,460 Posts
Got my Opti-Lube XPD delivered today. I ran it for the summer of ‘20 and liked it. Switched to HotShots EDT this year because it was easier to get at the O’Reilly’s and could find it all over. I think the truck ran better on the Opti-Lube, at least it idled better. Didn’t notice anything when it came to fuel economy. I’d run bio-diesel if I could find it locally.
I switched to Optilube and my truck smokes much less at full throttle. Not sure if that's why.

Sent from my SM-A505U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
529 Posts
I know what I'm doing tomorrow
super steer idler body w/ kryptonite arm and then a moog problem solver pitman arm.any if I still have some drive,front wheel bearings

Reactions: McSpeed

·
Registered
97 Posts
Busy day but rewarding work.
- oil change with T6 15w40 and AC Delco filter. Also collected my first sample to send to BlackStone for oil analysis. Excited to see the results. Also made this piece to help keep oil from getting everywhere when changing the filter. It doesn’t look good but it works great.
Road surface Asphalt Grey Rectangle Wood

Wood Gesture Triangle Soil Metal

• replaced the serpentine belt, noticed no significant wear, will make a good spare. Need to replace the tensioner and idlers, they have a bit of play. Will last me through next week though.
  • attempted to clean my cooling stack. There wasn’t a lot of junk in there, it looked pretty clean from what I could see in there, blew a bunch of stuff out, put it all back together, truck still runs 189° - 190° on my trip after the work. Prob won’t see much change if I clean it all, not really going to worry about it. 189° isn’t bad. It runs that whether it’s 50° or 95°.

Vehicle Car Hood Grille Automotive tire

Reactions: McSpeed

·
Registered
529 Posts
I know what I'm doing tomorrow
super steer idler body w/ kryptonite arm and then a moog problem solver pitman arm.any if I still have some drive,front wheel bearings
idler side is done,changed front diff fluid,and fixed the plastic shield's mounts up front.need to source a big azz wrench for the pitman arm.hope to do that tomorrow.

Reactions: Sulfur

·
Registered
06 ccsb lbz stock and rusty
1,616 Posts
I abused the lbz!! did a big long burnout leaving my buddies wedding!! May swing back by for a picture today?? 282k miles and it still runs good wot breaks half on for about 100 yards!! Rear tires are weak though!!

·
Registered
06 ccsb lbz stock and rusty
1,616 Posts
I’ll be heading to get new tires after work… I ordered a 315 falken at3 for the stick pyos… I know the different views on these but it’s what I wanted I’ve always liked a stock wheel big tire combo on stock suspension!! Truck had ugly wheels when I got it and I found a nice set of pyos with cheap kid tires that haven’t lasted anytime at all!! The load e AT TIRS SHOULD DO ME A LOT BETTER!!

·
Registered
1,576 Posts
Tapped the upper cab corner with my fifth wheel🤬

·
Registered
181 Posts
Tapped the upper cab corner with my fifth wheel
I cought my inner bed rail with mine after I got home from a 3k mile trip. Caught it backing it up the driveway. Then my parents left the tailgate up when pulling away from it a couple weekends later. Now I'm looking for a bed and a tailgate. If anyone has any leads I'll drive and pick it up with my trailer. Prefer blue granite metallic in color LOL

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
1,362 Posts
Maybe check where they sell utility beds. They usually have a stack of them, but most likely not in your color.

Reactions: dsmspick

·
Registered
213 Posts
I cought my inner bed rail with mine after I got home from a 3k mile trip. Caught it backing it up the driveway. Then my parents left the tailgate up when pulling away from it a couple weekends later. Now I'm looking for a bed and a tailgate. If anyone has any leads I'll drive and pick it up with my trailer. Prefer blue granite metallic in color LOL

When it rains it pours! Hope you can find a new one in the right color!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,756 Posts
Serviced the trans at the 170k mile mark. Been running Amsoil from Synthetic Motorsports for 100k now. It looked as clean as the day i put it in. Trans is running strong. If yall havent tried Amsoil holler at Willie

·
Registered
181 Posts
Installed the Pedal Monster. It’s awesome. No need for a tune now and keeping warranty!

Currently set to city level 5. What are you using?
2020 L5P
Careful friend of mine had issues with his plugging up and not being able to Regen properly

46421 - 46440 of 46526 Posts