Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
46441 - 46460 of 46526 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,362 Posts
I'm getting ready to pull the trigger on a medal monster shortly. I've read a lot of reviews and I've seen a few that indicate issues with the pedal commander and ended up going with Banks Power. I'm looking for information on settings and how it's improving fuel mileage.

·
Super Moderator
1,374 Posts
@Black HD ,
Good choice. Very simply, the pedal monster will not improve your fuel mileage. Depending on the settings it will begin to negatively affect it. My everyday setting is City 3, and it gets rid of the dead pedal nicely.

Reactions: McSpeed

·
Registered
181 Posts
Thankfully the Pedal Monster works differently. I too have heard some horror stories on the pedal commander.
I didn't know they worked differently. I thought it was the same thing just different brand. How do they differ?

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
24 Posts
I didn't know they worked differently. I thought it was the same thing just different brand. How do they differ?

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk
This is an overly simplistic explanation but it’s easy to follow.

“Pedal commander works on voltage supplied from the pedal sensor. That's not good and can throw codes, and also leave you with no gas pedal. Pedal monster uses obd2 port for voltage, which is much higher than the pedal sensor. If the pedal monster has an error or senses something wrong, it reverts to the stock pedal. It's a far better design because it uses a better/stable power source and has a fail safe mechanism.”

This doesn’t mean all pedal commanders are going to be bad. Many will never experience an issue. But the pedal monster has some nice safe guards built it.

Side note, got a full syn oil change today. They put in regular oil first. So I got a free flush out of it!

·
Registered
303 Posts
Upgraded my LBZ brake booster to the 2011 version so no more "soft" brake pedal!!!
I really need to do that. I had just been used to my pedal I guess and since my truck was down so long getting injectors and a cp3, driving it now is downright frightening. 😬

·
Registered
5,708 Posts
I used a Dremel tool and got it ‘close enough’ with my harbor freight electronic calipers ;)

·
Registered
529 Posts
I'm getting ready to pull the trigger on a medal monster shortly. I've read a lot of reviews and I've seen a few that indicate issues with the pedal commander and ended up going with Banks Power. I'm looking for information on settings and how it's improving fuel mileage.
I have the pedal commander,think I'm running city +3.I'll update if different,been in the truck since May.no problems w/ my truck and I have the banks programmer too,2016 denali

Reactions: Black HD

·
Registered
529 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,362 Posts
@Black HD ,
Good choice. Very simply, the pedal monster will not improve your fuel mileage. Depending on the settings it will begin to negatively affect it. My everyday setting is City 3, and it gets rid of the dead pedal nicely.
Thanks. Some of the reviews on Bank's were saying they got better mileage towing, but I don't see how.

·
Registered
1,521 Posts
Banks them selfs will say zero mpg gain, I have the whole banks set up and love it, run my pedal on city 5 and my derringer thing on 4
Zero issues

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,521 Posts
@TurboTime might chime in. He is a duramax site rep for banks. Super helpful and deff knows his shit!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
529 Posts
I have the pedal commander,think I'm running city +3.I'll update if different,been in the truck since May.no problems w/ my truck and I have the banks programmer too,2016 denali
my setting is city +2

·
Registered
97 Posts
I keep thinking about getting one. I’m going to get a tune first then see if I still need a banks for some extra help. DuramaxTuner says their tune will eliminate the dead pedal, but I’ve heard mixed reviews.

46441 - 46460 of 46526 Posts