Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
46461 - 46480 of 46547 Posts

·
Registered
6,484 Posts
I think the Dead pedal is the syptom of the vacuum fuel system.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Also if you have adjustable pedals move them up a bit

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
101 Posts
Was unable to install my AirDog this weekend. The crossmember on the regular cabs is too close to the bracket off the frame in front of the fuel tank, and I was not able to get a drill in there to make the holes. To do it right and get a clean install, I’ll need to drop the tank I think. Had a full tank, so wasn’t going to drop that. Anyone have any better ideas?

·
Finally! Wheels on!
10,172 Posts
Would something like this help? It’s how I drilled the holes on mine. Different model but similar problem

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Sulfur and McSpeed

·
Registered
101 Posts
@TexasRedNeck yo that might work well. If I could get a short drill bit, I think I could make it happen. Thanks for sharing that!

·
Registered
5,708 Posts
Why do you need to drill holes? My airdog has a bracket that mounts/clamps around the frame rail. Going for a cleaner install?

Cut the drill bit down (the end that goes in the drill of course).

Reactions: Sulfur

·
Registered
266 Posts
Hooked to a new to me enclosed trailer. It’s an American Hauler brand and I’m wonder what you guys think it’s worth. It’s a 2012 18’x8.5 “custom” it’s very clean inside and out. I knew the owner and wanted to make him a good offer, so I said $5k. Did I pay too much or get a good deal. I’m leaning towards a good deal.

Super clean, no dents, no rust, no leaks, etc…

·
Registered
101 Posts
@rparlee on the 15s and some other years, the lift pump mounts on a bracket that is inboard on the frame. It’s right in front of the fuel tank, I think it used to be used for fuel coolers, but when they quit installing them as OEM they just kept the bracket. You can see what I’m referring to in this photo.
Motor vehicle Automotive exterior Gas Vehicle Car

Reactions: rparlee

·
Registered
530 Posts
had a half day,,said,todays the day I pay off the denali,think I did it in 2 yrs of a 7 yr loan..feelin pretty good.now more money for some mods.:D

·
Premium Member
1,365 Posts
Reactions: gmc502

·
Registered
5,708 Posts
@rparlee on the 15s and some other years, the lift pump mounts on a bracket that is inboard on the frame. It’s right in front of the fuel tank, I think it used to be used for fuel coolers, but when they quit installing them as OEM they just kept the bracket. You can see what I’m referring to in this photo.
View attachment 1092543
Shoot, when TRN replied I thought he was speaking from experience on his LB7. Forgot all about the LML he had. Makes sense now.

Reactions: Sulfur

·
Registered
181 Posts
Hooked to a new to me enclosed trailer. It’s an American Hauler brand and I’m wonder what you guys think it’s worth. It’s a 2012 18’x8.5 “custom” it’s very clean inside and out. I knew the owner and wanted to make him a good offer, so I said $5k. Did I pay too much or get a good deal. I’m leaning towards a good deal.

Looks like a hella nice trailer to me. I paid 4200 for a 24 footer a couple years back. So with today's crack head market that's not bad.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,533 Posts

That trailer in Utah is about $8k all day

You did great

·
Super Moderator
1,392 Posts
Keep that black beauty off the street this time! 🤪
Looking great!

·
Registered
214 Posts

Looks great, it’s clean, you’re happy, seller is happy…..that’s a good deal!

·
Premium Member
2019 GMC Sierra 3500HD
29 Posts
I removed the cigarette lighter and installed a USB-C/ USB with a voltage meter in its place. It
has its own on/off switch (right of LED) if you don’t want it on.

Vehicle Grey Automotive design Personal luxury car Vehicle door Vehicle Automotive design Grey Personal luxury car Automotive exterior

T. Thi
Vehicle Grey Automotive design Personal luxury car Vehicle door
Vehicle Automotive design Grey Personal luxury car Automotive exterior

·
Super Moderator
1,392 Posts

·
Premium Member
2019 GMC Sierra 3500HD
29 Posts
@Colorado3500 , got a link to that?
This is what I’ve used, double check the PD outlet before buttoning it up. When I bought them singularly I always had a problem with the PD outlet. Since I’ve been buying them in pairs I’ve never had a problem yet knock on wood.
There’s 3 screws holding the housing in place. I just cut the wires off the outlet and added female connectors. I did need open the hole up a tiny bit.

Reactions: viper8315
46461 - 46480 of 46547 Posts