Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
46621 - 46640 of 46740 Posts

·
Registered
1,232 Posts
The other day- Oil filter change. It has been 1 year since I replaced it. Or rather the quick lube replaced it prior to me purchasing the truck last year in November. I've put on about 20,000 miles in a year and this year was a dirty one apparently. We had a lot of smoke this summer from the fires in California and along the west coast and I drove thru bug country for a few of my trips as well. Bah. But the truck does seem to have a bit more get up and go since i replaced the filter.

I'm still having a hard time getting used to these filters looking like they were built by Fram. That orange needs to go. Bring back the black.

Hood Automotive lighting Bumper Motor vehicle Automotive design

Wood Bumper Rectangle Automotive exterior Hardwood

Wood Rectangle Wood stain Automotive exterior Bumper

Automotive lighting Rectangle Wood Automotive exterior Gas

Automotive lighting Hood Grille Motor vehicle Automotive design

·
Premium Member
897 Posts
Well the saga continues!!! SO being time frugal I decided to pick up a Front Diff with 4.10 gears already installed. I was told it came out of 6.0 gas truck and was verified 4.10. Spinning the pinion and output and doing the math seemed to say yes this was a 4.10. Last Saturday i pulled the front diff and installed the new, only to find out its not a 4.10 and still a 3.73. SO this weekend I will be test fitting it back into owners ASS! He is local and I picked it up at his house. As someone who has PSA Bad I can tell you after laying on the concrete for 4 ours I was a broken person when it was done. I am now rebuilding the stock diff with new gears to save myself some grief.

Reactions: McSpeed

·
Registered
1,232 Posts
Today or rather Monday/yesterday- I swung by my local Chevy dealership service department for an oil change. I normally take my truck to a trusted independent repair facility for non-warranty work, but they were booked up this week and I have some road trips coming up, so I went to the next best place. Had a nice time catching up with the service writers while my truck was being worked on. Had a full synthetic oil change done, and tire rotation. Also made an appointment to have the "low coolant" light issue addressed, (bad sensor) and the service writer thinks it will still be covered under warranty so that is good. I'm also still having the occasional issue with the door locks going crazy anytime wash my truck by hand and get water sprayed into the drivers side mirror assembly. I spoke with the tech who looked things over last time and had the truck for a few days and thought the issue was a bad ground somewhere. The issue went away for awhile but has returned, and we have determined it only happens when I wash that drivers side mirror from the front, so we are confident that the wiring harness is likely getting water into it and he wants to replace that harness next. Also have a passenger side fog light that will not come on. The bulb is good as I tested the bulb (and a new one) on the other side and they work, but just not on the right side. So either a bad connector, or wiring harness that goes to the right side assembly. Will drop the truck off tomorrow night for them to keep for a few days until Friday and will drive the Impala instead.

Here is some eye candy.

Wheel Vehicle Grille Car Hood

Tire Car Wheel Land vehicle Vehicle

Car Vehicle Hood Motor vehicle Automotive design

·
Registered
538 Posts
A FedEx holiday season independent contractor backed into my truck yesterday. Luckily I was stand out there inspecting the just delivered package when it happened as this dude was about to drive away until I yelled out and chased him down.

I taped and ziptied the fender flare to keep if from getting ripped off going down the road.

Lining up some body shops now for quotes. The handful that I have contacted are scheduling appointments for quotes 2-3 weeks out!

·
Registered
1,462 Posts
Wtf...

·
Premium Member
10,740 Posts
Drove the 01 to pickup another ton of corn.

·
Registered
1,398 Posts
Speedometer Vehicle Trip computer Automotive lighting Gauge

Welppp... Looks ill be grabbing some DEF tomorrow. Should be hitting regen in the next day or two so that'll be good with a fresh tank. I wanted to clean my Banks filter before winter so I guess ill grab that too while im there

·
Registered
1,462 Posts
Fresh ceramic so the hardships of hunting don't hurt the pavement princess 😆
Car Automotive lighting Vehicle Motor vehicle Hood
Tire Wheel Automotive parking light Car Vehicle

·
Registered
2015 Chevy 2500hd ltz
141 Posts
Loaded it with a Tika.270
For my wife, our hunting gear, my daughters 6.5 creedmor(youth), ravin crossbow for me(feeling the need to use it due to more challenging) camo, clothes for the whole family. Tomorrow will be diesel. Heading home to Kentucky on Friday night for thanksgiving and deer season.

·
Premium Member
1,374 Posts
25k mile service. Oil and filter change. Allison spin-on filter. I didn't measure how much tranny fluid, so I pre-filled the filter, screwed it back on and topped it off. Fuel and cabin filters tomorrow. Heading to Upstate NY to see my family for Thanksgiving.

·
Registered
538 Posts
A FedEx holiday season independent contractor backed into my truck yesterday. Luckily I was stand out there inspecting the just delivered package when it happened as this dude was about to drive away until I yelled out and chased him down.

I taped and ziptied the fender flare to keep if from getting ripped off going down the road.

Lining up some body shops now for quotes. The handful that I have contacted are scheduling appointments for quotes 2-3 weeks out!

Got 3 body shop estimates and all of them were right around $1500.
I also will need a truck while it is in the shop, so I provided some local rental cars that offer trucks estimates that were around $1100 for the full week with insurance, taxes, fees, etc.

I provided them to the shipping contractor owner and he said that he will just cut me a check and I can do as I please as long as we don't involve his insurance. :unsure::unsure::unsure::cool::cool::cool:

·
Registered
4,193 Posts
Got 3 body shop estimates and all of them were right around $1500.
I also will need a truck while it is in the shop, so I provided some local rental cars that offer trucks estimates that were around $1100 for the full week with insurance, taxes, fees, etc.

I provided them to the shipping contractor owner and he said that he will just cut me a check and I can do as I please as long as we don't involve his insurance. :unsure::unsure::unsure::cool::cool::cool:
Ahhh, the old hush money trick! Tell him $2,500 in a cashier's check and you'll call it good.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Reactions: theheder

·
Registered
728 Posts
Tried to start it. Its been sitting for 2 weeks. No go on the start. Placed the battiers on a charger for the night. Will see in the morning.

·
Premium Member
2019 GMC Sierra 3500HD
83 Posts
Upgraded the bed lights, camera doesn’t do it justice…

stock bulbs
Vehicle Car Automotive tire Light Motor vehicle

Upgraded bulbs for Dieselleds.com

Tire Automotive tire Car Automotive lighting Vehicle

Automotive parking light Automotive tail & brake light Light Hood Automotive design

Reactions: McSpeed

·
Registered
929 Posts
Took off my Mag-Hytec diff cover and went back with stock and lube-locker gasket. This should help my oversized spare fit where it belongs. Tired of carrying it in the bed. Putting 3.17 qts of 75-90 Amsoil in it.

Question though... anyone know the part number or what to call the bracket that is secured by one of the diff bolts that holds the parking brake cable? Below is a pic of a diff (not my truck). the prominent cable going across the diff is secured to the diff. I guess I got rid of this bracket but i'd like to replace it. Tried searching but having no luck. TIA

Tire Wheel Vehicle Automotive tire Automotive lighting

·
Premium Member
2019 GMC Sierra 3500HD
83 Posts
Took off my Mag-Hytec diff cover and went back with stock and lube-locker gasket. This should help my oversized spare fit where it belongs. Tired of carrying it in the bed. Putting 3.17 qts of 75-90 Amsoil in it.

Question though... anyone know the part number or what to call the bracket that is secured by one of the diff bolts that holds the parking brake cable? Below is a pic of a diff (not my truck). the prominent cable going across the diff is secured to the diff. I guess I got rid of this bracket but i'd like to replace it. Tried searching but having no luck. TIA

View attachment 1094269

Check out LMC TRUCK…

Reactions: knotReally

·
Registered
5,750 Posts

View attachment 1094269
What year truck? Not that it probably makes any difference.

Part 15 is what you want I think.

This nemigaparts.com site is the BEST that I’ve found for finding obscure parts on actual parts diagrams, unlike gmpartsdirect and those shitty sites.

Reactions: knotReally
46621 - 46640 of 46740 Posts