Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
46661 - 46680 of 46740 Posts

·
Registered
5,750 Posts
Looks like a roof beacon.

·
Registered
1,398 Posts
Thats a switch for aux lighting. If you pull down the console theres a wire behind it. You can wire up LEDs, strobes, lightbar etc right in to it. The wire is fused for 30a.

I would assume its an option across the board but i know it was included in the snow plow prep package to simplify running any amber beacons etc

·
Registered
538 Posts
Great White coming to the rescue of Black Betty.....

Reactions: ChevyDMax89

·
Premium Member
361 Posts
Replaced my leaking filter head.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

·
"THEEPASUCKS"
1,471 Posts
Replaced the stock oil pan with the PPE pan.
12.5 qts to fill with the new pan in place.
2014 Chevrolet Silverado SRW CC LTZ.
Looks Good.

Did you have to remove the cross member to install it? Would love to get one but I heard this has to be done to get it to fit.

·
Registered
2014 3500HD SRW 4x4
243 Posts
Looks Good.

Did you have to remove the cross member to install it? Would love to get one but I heard this has to be done to get it to fit.
Yep. Can’t do it without removing that bar. Crossmember bolts weren’t hard at all. But that bar is wedged into the frame so had to use a pry-bar to bump the bar out and a rubber mallet to get it back in place.

Honestly, the whole thing wasn’t bad at all except that I chose to work around the transmission lines rather than remove them. A little aggravating but still doable.

·
Registered
1,623 Posts
Yep. Can’t do it without removing that bar. Crossmember bolts weren’t hard at all. But that bar is wedged into the frame so had to use a pry-bar to bump the bar out and a rubber mallet to get it back in place.

Honestly, the whole thing wasn’t bad at all except that I chose to work around the transmission lines rather than remove them. A little aggravating but still doable.

Do you have to remove the torsion bars? Or do those stay in place after you unbolt these?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2014 3500HD SRW 4x4
243 Posts
Do you have to remove the torsion bars? Or do those stay in place after you unbolt these?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Nope. Just the 4 bolts and the bar right under the oil pan.

There is, however, one bolt where the transmission bolts to the engine that you have to back out about a half-inch to get to one of the oil pan bolts and to get the oil pan out and new one in. I cut about 3/8” off the end of that bolt to create permanent clearance when tightened back down.

·
Registered
1,398 Posts
Saw our first snowflakes as i was out there raking the leaves. Decided to rotate her tires before i lose desire with the colder weather

·
Registered
122 Posts
Ahhh!! Glad to see its not China....

But where the hell is Mexslo?
Go South. When you find the guy selling Tacos, you're there.

I recommend the Tripas Pastor, but that's just me.

·
"THEEPASUCKS"
1,471 Posts
Nope. Just the 4 bolts and the bar right under the oil pan.

Gotcha. Well not so easy on my truck beings I have a Superlift. Don’t think I will even attempt this for a new oil pan.

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
With the superlift, it looks like you have enough room to remove the pan. The only thing sticking down into that section of pan is the pickup. Back when I had to pull the pan on the 04, the chemical sealant used made the pan almost impossible to remove and I ended up bending the lip on the pan (I did bend it back into shape and it sealed) to get it off of there.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Battery light stayed on after start, would stay lit until right at 2000 rpm. Tested batteries, good. Bad juice machine.

The new alternator is 130 amp instead of the 105. Thought, "Why not? Capacity can't hurt" Of course then I needed a new belt for $49.99.... Duuuhhhhh. Three different stores until I found a NAPA branded one the right size. 611123 instead of the 611115.

Did have to grind the bolt tab faces just a bit to fit...

Reactions: GoBlowSnow

·
Registered
122 Posts
Anybody used Mcquay-Norris tie rods? Rock Auto has a wholesale closeout on the inners for Cheap! $4.84 for the es4645e extreme. Cross check prices I only find a few but for $31 and $68 for the extreme. Anything I find on other forums is 10 to 15 years old...

Thanks

·
Registered
2019 GMC Sierra 2500HD AT4 Crew Cab 6.6 L5P Duramax
85 Posts
It has been a long time. Hope you had a good summer of boating on the Chain. Very easy. No tools needed. You push them longitudinal to the line then transversley. You don't need a screwdriver. That could be why people break them. Make sure you blow out the Fleece adapter to make sure all mill shavings are out before you install.
Hey B, before installing the Donaldson filter, did you use the flat rubber washer that came with the filter? The Fleece instructions don't mention or show this. Also, since the small rubber o-ring on bottom of the water-in-fuel stem isn't needed, did you remove it? The Fleece kit comes with a large o-ring that goes on the aluminum housing and a small one for the top of the stem. I'll get this thing installed one of these days. TIA
Liquid Fluid Material property Cylinder Gas
Camera lens Camera accessory Flash photography Wood Cameras & optics

46661 - 46680 of 46740 Posts