Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Vote for the Site Favourite ROTM winner for the year of 2021 HERE!
46681 - 46700 of 46900 Posts

·
Registered
279 Posts
Hey B, before installing the Donaldson filter, did you use the flat rubber washer that came with the filter? The Fleece instructions don't mention or show this. Also, since the small rubber o-ring on bottom of the water-in-fuel stem isn't needed, did you remove it? The Fleece kit comes with a large o-ring that goes on the aluminum housing and a small one for the top of the stem. I'll get this thing installed one of these days. TIA View attachment 1094552 View attachment 1094553
I’ve been running that small o-ring on the filter. Not sure if it’s needed or not, but I haven’t had any trouble in 50k miles with it in place.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
2019 GMC Sierra 3500HD
123 Posts
I ordered a spare Banks Dry filter so the truck isn’t down when I’m cleaning the filter waiting for it to dry. I did not know for sure how many miles was on the used set up I bought so I installed a new filter today, and washed out the used one.
Hood Motor vehicle Automotive design Automotive exterior Automotive wheel system

·
Registered
2017 l5p Chevrolet 2500 LT CC
114 Posts
I’ve been running that small o-ring on the filter. Not sure if it’s needed or not, but I haven’t had any trouble in 50k miles with it in place.

I haven’t been running the small o-ring on the filter neck. I couldn’t see that was doing anything on the Donaldson filter. I also re-used the blue o-ring off of the old filter setup and saved the o-ring that came with the fleece adapter for a spare. Everything seems sealed up good so far. The small washer that comes with the filter is needed to seal up the filter neck I believe. If I am wrong about any of this, somebody please correct me.

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
Automotive tire Font Audio equipment Automotive wheel system Gas

New metal fuel filter socket for the L5P arrived. Will make getting that dang filter housing off much easier now. I chewed up the housing a bit with my large channel locks trying to get the thing loose when I changed the fuel filter a month or so ago. Yup, the L5Ps fuel filter is no longer up front, but is down blow by the front of the fuel tank. I think I preferred it up front, it was less messy and I didn't get fuel dripping down my arm and onto my shirt and blah like I do now with the L5P.

·
Registered
2019 GMC Sierra 2500HD AT4 Crew Cab L5P Duramax
98 Posts
I installed the Lasfit Switchback LED fog lights. Man, what a difference! You can see in the one pic, the stock halogen on the passenger’s side and the LED on the driver’s side. Simply switching them on and off toggles between white and amber.
Tire Vehicle Wheel Vehicle registration plate Automotive tail & brake light

Tire Wheel Cloud Vehicle Automotive lighting
Tire Vehicle Automotive lighting Truck Hood

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
I installed the Lasfit Switchback LED fog lights. Man, what a difference! You can see in the one pic, the stock halogen on the passenger’s side and the LED on the driver’s side. Simply switching them on and off toggles between white and amber.

View attachment 1094582
I have those as well in my 18 Silverado they are GREAT. But I have a bad wire or plug to my passenger side lamp. The lamp is good, verified it on the drivers side. I think something happened when I had a fender bender back this summer.

·
Premium Member
901 Posts
The new 4.10 diff is installed and the truck is back on all 4, so plowing can commence when the weather changes. While under the truck I noticed a spot on the rear of the upper control arm. I looked up to see the filter is wet and dripping. I will tackle that problem today when I do the oil change. I also replaced all me head lights with

Torchbeam T2 9005/HB3 9006/HB4 LED Bulb Combo, 60W 16000 Lumens 6500K Super Bright Replacement Bulbs Kit, 400% Brightness, Canbus Ready, Plug and Play with Fan, Pack of 4 as well as the Backup lights as well. Photos later tonight.

·
Registered
4,202 Posts
View attachment 1094583

New metal fuel filter socket for the L5P arrived. Will make getting that dang filter housing off much easier now. I chewed up the housing a bit with my large channel locks trying to get the thing loose when I changed the fuel filter a month or so ago. Yup, the L5Ps fuel filter is no longer up front, but is down blow by the front of the fuel tank. I think I preferred it up front, it was less messy and I didn't get fuel dripping down my arm and onto my shirt and blah like I do now with the L5P.
The socket is a game changer. I like it better under the truck than behind the fender well. You're right about it being a bit more messy though. But with that socket you'll be done in 10-15 minutes next time.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4,202 Posts
Ordered new Donaldson filters for the FASS and Baldwin for the factory location. Not sure if it's really doing anything at this point but it makes me feel better to have an extra filter I guess. Also, the Baldwin that I put at the factory location under the hood filters to 2 micron whereas the Donaldson on the lift pump is 3 microns. Peace of mind I guess.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Reactions: 1TRIKHD

·
Registered
19,684 Posts
On black friday I ordered up a set of hi flow oil cooling nozzles and a high pressured pinned oil pump assembly to keep the bottom side of the pistons happy.

Sent from my LM-G900 using Tapatalk

Reactions: dsmspick

·
Premium Member
230 Posts
Reactions: dsmspick

·
Registered
185 Posts
View attachment 1094580

View attachment 1094581 View attachment 1094582
I have the lasfit reverse lights, they are a game changer there. It's like headlights in reverse.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

Reactions: Midwest Cruiser

·
Registered
2018 GMC 2500HD AT L5P, Banks Deringer, Intake, Exhaust, 4.5" BDS lift, Fox shocks, Fuel Hardline
52 Posts
Hey B, before installing the Donaldson filter, did you use the flat rubber washer that came with the filter? The Fleece instructions don't mention or show this. Also, since the small rubber o-ring on bottom of the water-in-fuel stem isn't needed, did you remove it? The Fleece kit comes with a large o-ring that goes on the aluminum housing and a small one for the top of the stem. I'll get this thing installed one of these days. TIA View attachment 1094552 View attachment 1094553
I removed the small blue o-ring. The rubber washer goes around the threaded neck on the filter.
Automotive tire Automotive lighting Cylinder Rim Automotive wheel system

·
Premium Member
2019 GMC Sierra 3500HD
123 Posts
I added a Tuffy Lockbox today. I had a small lockbox in my previous truck so I drilled a hole through the back wall of the Tuffy and anchored the cable of the small one under the mounting bracket.
Automotive tire Hood Automotive design Motor vehicle Automotive exterior
Automotive tire Hood Light Motor vehicle Black
Automotive tire Motor vehicle Comfort Automotive design Car seat cover
Hood Trunk Motor vehicle Automotive exterior Automotive design
Automotive tire Hood Wood Bumper Vehicle door

·
Registered
568 Posts
Hmmmm........

What happens at 1000.0 hours?

·
Registered
32 Posts
Twisted on a new Allison external filter with magnet.The oem magnet had some fine metal deposits. Should have changed it sooner, but better now than never

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2019 GMC Sierra 2500HD AT4 Crew Cab L5P Duramax
98 Posts
Twisted on a new Allison external filter with magnet.The oem magnet had some fine metal deposits. Should have changed it sooner, but better now than never

Some fine deposits are ok and normal. What was the mileage?

·
Registered
32 Posts
Some fine deposits are ok and normal. What was the mileage?
About 23.5k. As previously stated, lost about 2 cups worth of oil id estimate. When I'm in a better location ill probably top it off. No worries for now

46681 - 46700 of 46900 Posts