Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Vote for the Site Favourite ROTM winner for the year of 2021 HERE!
46701 - 46720 of 46900 Posts

·
Registered
568 Posts

It keeps on going.

2014 Chevrolet Silverado SRW CC LTZ.

How many miles at 4500 hours?

I have 351k+ miles and I would think that it would have run for more than 1000 hours already.
By my crude calculations 351,000miles / 60 minutes = 5830 hours.....or is that not the correct way to calculate that?

·
Registered
2014 3500HD SRW 4x4
247 Posts

I have 351k+ miles and I would think that it would have run for more than 1000 hours already.
By my crude calculations 351,000miles / 60 minutes = 5830 hours.....or is that not the correct way to calculate that?
130k & change.

Avg 28mph

I bought the truck used from Nebraska. It was certainly not a highway truck for most of its life before me.

2014 Chevrolet Silverado SRW CC LTZ.

·
Premium Member
3,704 Posts

That would be correct if there was zero idle time and the truck did all 351k miles at 60 mph. They like to reset the hours when batteries are changed I’ve heard, and randomly reset sometimes too. My 11 with 260k has like 5500hrs on the dash. Not sure if the ecm has accurate hours or not, but if the display isn’t showing it then I doubt the ecm is accurate cause that would be where the display would pull the info from.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: theheder

·
Registered
4,202 Posts

Yours has reset itself at some point. Happens all the time in the 03-07 trucks. Those gauge clusters are terrible. I've had 5 different trucks in the 01-07 range and they all had issues with the cluster.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2019 GMC Sierra 2500HD AT4 Crew Cab L5P Duramax
98 Posts

·
Registered
1,743 Posts
3-4 hour install?

·
Premium Member
10,806 Posts
Drove the 01 to work to haul a load of water.

·
Registered
2021 Denali HD Fabtech Lift and 37s
438 Posts
Oil Change!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Replaced the hood-latch...I’m sure the neighbors weren’t fond of the alarm going off in the middle of the night!

·
Premium Member
2019 GMC Sierra 3500HD
123 Posts
I ordered this 6 Gang switch panel from Auxbeam to make wiring accessories easier. It showed up today, and I have to say I am very impressed with how everything feels and looks. The fuse blocks has good solid heavy weight to it feels like quality and it looks like it. I’ll
White Automotive tire Motor vehicle Automotive design Asphalt
Product Gadget Telephony Communication Device Office equipment
Calculator Input device Space bar Font Rectangle
Tool Telephony Audio equipment Communication Device Automotive lighting
get this installed over the next day or two and I’m still waiting for the light so I ordered over the weekend.
QUESTION: Is there any place in the firewall that has easy access through it? And NOT that big grommet where the steering goes through either! The wiring harness has a plug on each end, approximately a half inch diameter…

·
Registered
1,743 Posts
You can cut a slit on the side where your main wire loom passes through. Or, go down through the fender (either side) and there is a pass through with a grommet about 1"wide. Ive cut a small slit in that grommet and passed it in through the side under the dash that way before as well. It wont snag the doors or anything

·
Registered
942 Posts
QUESTION: Is there any place in the firewall that has easy access through it? And NOT that big grommet where the steering goes through either! The wiring harness has a plug on each end, approximately a half inch diameter…
When i had my factory nav flashed to enable the backup cam i ran the camera wiring through the grommet that is in the middle of the driver's floorboard. I forget what goes through there but i just cut a slit ran the loom through and then gooped it up with liquid electrical tape on the inside.

Good luck and post back some pics of your final install.

·
Premium Member
2019 GMC Sierra 3500HD
123 Posts
When i had my factory nav flashed to enable the backup cam i ran the camera wiring through the grommet that is in the middle of the driver's floorboard. I forget what goes through there but i just cut a slit ran the loom through and then gooped it up with liquid electrical tape on the inside.

Good luck and post back some pics of your final install.
‘Alright I’ll check it out…thanks!

46701 - 46720 of 46900 Posts