Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Vote for the Site Favourite ROTM winner for the year of 2021 HERE!
46841 - 46860 of 46937 Posts

·
Premium Member
418 Posts
Wheel Tire Land vehicle Vehicle Plant

Automotive parking light Tire Wheel Vehicle Automotive lighting

·
Registered
2019 GMC Sierra 2500HD AT4 Crew Cab L5P Duramax
98 Posts
Mine is a 2021 Duramax HD. yep it fits. I run into this a lot……not just my Duramax either. That’s why this forum is so great!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
What about a '19?

·
Registered
4,204 Posts
Hope everyone had a Merry Christmas!! Yes I said Merry Christmas and not happy holidays. As for what I did to my truck- I stared at it in the yard. Off work for 12 days ao I drive the SUV everywhere haha. Oh well

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
598 Posts
Getting engine mounts and transmission mount replaced, 5k mile oil change and service the transmission with new filters / fluid.

Seperated passenger side engine mount

·
Registered
549 Posts
putting batteries in the truck.I went out the other day and it was almost dead.jumped started it and it was charging at 15v.cleaned all batt. connections and on the passenger side that power distribution bar(corrosion from def. fluid I believe.
is charging less and it has started every day since,but can't trust the batteries when I'm plowing.plus I scored 6 more clients(52 driveways) so plow and batteries are gonna get a work out.

·
Registered
279 Posts
Wide flares just cam back from paint and Kryptonite idler, pitman, tie rods, ball joints and. sway bar are ordered. As most of you know, I have the 6.5” bds coil overs with fox reservoir, so the kryptonite components are the last thing I’ll need to make the front end bulletproof.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Installed the fleece all lights on chip. More of a pain then it should have been, but easy install. Ready for my nightshift commutes coming up. And @bigdave_185 wasted $20 for me.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Reactions: 1TRIKHD

·
Registered
5,803 Posts
Installed the fleece all lights on chip. More of a pain then it should have been, but easy install. Ready for my nightshift commutes coming up. And @bigdave_185 wasted $20 for me.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
Can you explain the second pic? Knobs look different..?

·
Finally! Wheels on!
10,457 Posts
Dave got some Amazon special knob covers.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Today I installed black matte rain gaurds, a 4 inch radio antenna, and a black Z71 grille emblem. Chevrolet Accessories
End of year sale ends 1/3/22 15% off $100-$249, 20% off $250-$499, 25% off $500+ free shipping to nearest chevy dealer my stuff i ordered arrived in 2 days. Maybe trailer camera install tomorrow
Tire Wheel Vehicle Automotive side-view mirror Automotive tire

Grille Automotive tire Hood Automotive lighting Vehicle

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2019 GMC Sierra 3500HD
132 Posts
Well, I made it official this weekend…

I never really introduced myself or why/how I ended up on a Duramax forum. November 2015 I bought a 1999 F350, 7.3 L diesel… put a lot of time, money and sweat into the truck to get it running reliably. After it was mechanically sound I started working on the aesthetics of it. I built a new rear bumper for it, bought a front bumper, had the wheels painted and I just started getting quotes for painting it. It did everything I wanted to do, with no payments,no DEF and was 283 miles from 400 K! On September 7, at 1530 hrs, A woman in a BMW ran a red light, passing SEVEN vehicles that were already stopped, YES SHE WAS ON HER DAMN PHONE! I was making a left-hand turn and T-boned her…Insurance totaled my truck.

Luckily I had a dash cam! Not one of the 7+ vehicles that witnessed the accident stopped to make sure either one of us were all right… They simply drove past when their light turned green again. I personally don’t know how you witnessed an accident, any accident, and simply drive by without stopping. One day, that may be one of your loved ones in the accident and I’m certain you would hope somebody would stop for them.

When she regained consciousness, she told everybody I hit her including the police officer. I simply showed the officer of the dash cam footage and he made it clear that I was good. He even made her watch the footage, even then she refused to admit fault. Stating, “that doesn’t prove anything!”

The bumper took most of the abuse, when I got the truck back, I had to trim the fan shroud but it started up, ran perfectly and drove straight. As much as I love the truck it’s just hard to put MORE money in something 20 years old just to get it back where it was before a negligent driver took it away. notice I didn’t say accident. You never know if the impact had an effect on a bearing in the engine etc and I wasn’t willing to risk that. So, I began searching for Trucks, I found my 2019 Duramax in Texas, made a deal over the phone flew down and drove it back. And that’s how I found my way to this forum.

I sold my old truck, to a friend that I made over the Internet when I first bought it. He actually helped me make it the dependable rig it was/is. He is going to fix it up, put it back on the road and use it for work. I made it official this weekend by bringing it up to him. Definitely bittersweet, but it’s good to know it’ll be back on the road in a few short weeks.

Automotive parking light Wheel Tire Car Vehicle
Tire Wheel Sky Car Land vehicle
Wheel Tire Car Sky Vehicle
Wheel Car Sky Tire Cloud

·
Registered
2022 Duramax 2500HD Denali, Xpel, Ceramic, Banks iDash
31 Posts
Rinsed off the sludge from the roads due to the 214” of snow that has befallen upon us in the month of Deeptember.

·
Registered
1,320 Posts
Delivered a large kitchen table to a buyer, when I put the trailer back the truck looked to nice against the snow

I don't tend to like the white color on vehicles but that looks GREAT. Those mountains look somewhat familiar .. Wasatch mountains in Utah, by chance? Maybe between Ogden and Farmington, or perhaps Ogden and Logan? I may be way off. I grew up for a number of years in Davis County, Utah (Farmington) which is why they look familiar to me. If you were there, with the sun position, I'd say it would have been maybe close to.. 1:30-2:00 PM?

·
Registered
1,320 Posts
Well, I made it official this weekend…

I never really introduced myself or why/how I ended up on a Duramax forum. November 2015 I bought a 1999 F350, 7.3 L diesel… put a lot of time, money and sweat into the truck to get it running reliably. After it was mechanically sound I started working on the aesthetics of it. I built a new rear bumper for it, bought a front bumper, had the wheels painted and I just started getting quotes for painting it. It did everything I wanted to do, with no payments,no DEF and was 283 miles from 400 K! On September 7, at 1530 hrs, A woman in a BMW ran a red light, passing SEVEN vehicles that were already stopped, YES SHE WAS ON HER DAMN PHONE! I was making a left-hand turn and T-boned her…Insurance totaled my truck.

Luckily I had a dash cam! Not one of the 7+ vehicles that witnessed the accident stopped to make sure either one of us were all right… They simply drove past when their light turned green again. I personally don’t know how you witnessed an accident, any accident, and simply drive by without stopping. One day, that may be one of your loved ones in the accident and I’m certain you would hope somebody would stop for them.

When she regained consciousness, she told everybody I hit her including the police officer. I simply showed the officer of the dash cam footage and he made it clear that I was good. He even made her watch the footage, even then she refused to admit fault. Stating, “that doesn’t prove anything!”

The bumper took most of the abuse, when I got the truck back, I had to trim the fan shroud but it started up, ran perfectly and drove straight. As much as I love the truck it’s just hard to put MORE money in something 20 years old just to get it back where it was before a negligent driver took it away. notice I didn’t say accident. You never know if the impact had an effect on a bearing in the engine etc and I wasn’t willing to risk that. So, I began searching for Trucks, I found my 2019 Duramax in Texas, made a deal over the phone flew down and drove it back. And that’s how I found my way to this forum.

I sold my old truck, to a friend that I made over the Internet when I first bought it. He actually helped me make it the dependable rig it was/is. He is going to fix it up, put it back on the road and use it for work. I made it official this weekend by bringing it up to him. Definitely bittersweet, but it’s good to know it’ll be back on the road in a few short weeks.
I miss those 7.3s. I started off driving a 1997 7.3L powered Super Duty box truck. Just an 8 ft box. Got it when it had 70,000 miles on it, and in a year I put 30,000 miles on it. (drove it a lot from Denver up to Ft. Collins, Laramie, Cheyenne, and Greeley, Colorado as part of my route) It ran very well and I did put it thru hell. Always overloading it, and what not, and the tranny, true to Ford nature, blew out twice in that time, (warranty on the second time) but never left me stranded except once when one of the right side dual rear tires sliced a curb and that was on me. I had to give it up to give to a new tech who lived down in Colorado Springs and would be working out of there, they picked my truck out of the 4 box trucks because mine was still running the best. I may have drove it hard, but I ensured it got in for it's maintenance, and i kept it clean. He put an additional 30,000 miles on it in a year's time and then they retired and sold the truck when 2 new freightliner M series box trucks came in and John got one of them. I ended up dividing my time between a Freightliner FL-80, (most of the time) and a FL-60, and the bosses old F-350 dual rear wheel utility bed with a tommy gate on the back, which had a major glow plug issue (sure as hell better have plugged it in if you left it in temps below 30 for more than 3 hours or you were not going anywhere) My lead had a 1999 F450 with the 6ft box and it was a great ride. More comfortable and just seemed more well dialed in vs the 97s and 98s. But the thing did not have cruise control and thus I didn't push too hard to try to get it assigned to me when he was promoted and got a F350 pickup. With me doing the far away routes (I liked going up to Ft. Collins and the mountains) (and laramie in the summer) I mainly stuck with the FL-80. Dual rear wheel, 25 ft Box, nice lift gate, air suspension, heater in the box so I was able to stay toasty warm when up in Wyoming and working on equipment in the box, but it did require a CDL-B license and all the crap that involves with logs, weigh station and roadside inspections/port of entries, and what not. Learned a lot of respect for the CDL-A/big rig drivers. But that F-450 continued to go well, with just one rebuilt tranny before it hit 100,000 miles. A few of the guys with the 97/98 box trucks snapped the drive shafts.

·
Registered
1,320 Posts
Took my 2018 down to Colorado Springs for a few light duty work orders at various buildings. Been recovering from hip fracture surgery since beginning of December but needed to get out of the apartment and felt good enough to do so.

46841 - 46860 of 46937 Posts