Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Vote for the Site Favourite ROTM winner for the year of 2021 HERE!
46861 - 46880 of 46937 Posts

·
Registered
2017 Silverado 3500HD SRW
1,790 Posts
I don't tend to like the white color on vehicles but that looks GREAT. Those mountains look somewhat familiar .. Wasatch mountains in Utah, by chance? Maybe between Ogden and Farmington, or perhaps Ogden and Logan? I may be way off. I grew up for a number of years in Davis County, Utah (Farmington) which is why they look familiar to me. If you were there, with the sun position, I'd say it would have been maybe close to.. 1:30-2:00 PM?
North ogden west of I15 you got it!!

Littler early on your time 12:05 via picture stamp

Where ya at now?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,320 Posts
AH HUH!!! <happy sigh> Ahhh Utah. Every time I go back I realize it is now too crowded and congested for me, but I miss the mountains. Grew up in Farmington right on the Farmington/Fruit Heights boarder. East of Main Street up on the mountain. I miss it. I've been in south Denver area since 1990 save for a brief marriage where i lived in Layton in 2012/2013.

·
Registered
4,204 Posts
AH HUH!!! Ahhh Utah. Every time I go back I realize it is now too crowded and congested for me, but I miss the mountains. Grew up in Farmington right on the Farmington/Fruit Heights boarder. East of Main Street up on the mountain. I miss it. I've been in south Denver area since 1990 save for a brief marriage where i lived in Layton in 2012/2013.
Utah is too crowded and congested so you move to Denver? Lol

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
598 Posts
Did a rear end fluid change on Black Betty and Great White.

Then went out for a ride on the Harley to test out the heated riding gear my daughter got me for Christmas.

·
Registered
6,895 Posts
Utah is too crowded and congested so you move to Denver? Lol

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
I know I live in the Seattle area. When I go to that part of Utah I am amazed at how little traffic there is and how it's not crowded. I want to move there. I go there at least once a year. Most years twice. But house prices are pretty high there. Not like here. But I am also looking at Twin Falls prices are a lot lower there. And Boise and SLC are not that far away.

Sent from my T790S using Tapatalk

·
Registered
598 Posts
Although it was yesterday when I installed it, thought I'd post it up anyways!
View attachment 1096070

Replaced all the chrome badges with black ones too, and started wrapping the front grille for a bit less chrome on this HC!
Very nice!

Reminds me of the picture I took today on my ride.
That flag is HUGE! I googled it for giggles and found out it is 40ftx80ft.

·
Registered
598 Posts

·
Registered
2022 2500HD High Country
33 Posts
Very nice!

Reminds me of the picture I took today on my ride.
That flag is HUGE! I googled it for giggles and found out it is 40ftx80ft.

Yep, that's gotta be a Camping World store! We have one here that I used to work with a lot, they have one right off the I-84 in Meridian, ID!

·
Registered
598 Posts
Yep, that's gotta be a Camping World store! We have one here that I used to work with a lot, they have one right off the I-84 in Meridian, ID!
Yes it is! I have been by it 1000s of times, but never timed it just right when I was on the bike and it was blowing in the wind.

Reactions: flyinhawaiian968

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
You will not be disappointed with the kit. you may need to trim the sway bar end link bolts or the tie rod bolts a touch if they rub. I had to do this after calling them to find out if I put something in wrong.

·
Registered
511 Posts
You will not be disappointed with the kit. you may need to trim the sway bar end link bolts or the tie rod bolts a touch if they rub. I had to do this after calling them to find out if I put something in wrong.
Did you do their Sway Bar kit bolt? So far everything looks like its clearing. Won't know for sure til after the alignment though. Night and Day difference already

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
My sway bar bolts may have been part of the urethane body mount and sway bar kit I did. Everything looks like it clears, but during a turn there was contact between parts. I don't drive the truck daily anymore, and don't remember exactly which parts it was, but for some reason I think it was the inner ball joint on the tie rod to sway bar that was the issue.

·
Registered
511 Posts
Gotta watch out for their warranty. Especially if you smash the hell out of it putting it on

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Ive had good luck with all their other parts and warranties, even form my own stupidity hahah

·
Registered
187 Posts
Drove to Decorah Iowa for the weekend for a funeral. Left last Thursday. When I pulled in it was -11 degrees. Had my winter cover on and truck did great. Plugged it in once I got there and fired right up Sunday when I left. It was about 7 degrees then.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
10,832 Posts
Started the 01 up the other morning when it was 0* out and she started right up. Then cleaned the snow off and let her run a while to defrost.

Reactions: dsmspick

·
Finally! Wheels on!
10,457 Posts
As you guys know, south Texas doesn’t usually have that kind of weather. Last year it got down to 2 degrees with 8 inches of snow plus ice. Nothing but untreated #2 in the truck and block heater not plugged in and the truck fired up and I drove it around clearing trees off the road and never missed a beat….

Fast forward to this year and we got down to 20 degrees. A few days later when it warmed back up to the 40’s and 50’s the batteries started failing. 3 months after the replacement warranty expired…

Replaced both (AGM Platinum from Advance Auto) with AGM Platinum from O’Reilly. Need to clean the terminals good as I couldn’t really get at them correctly in the partaking lot of the auto parts store.

These will probably die 3 months after warranty to….SMH

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

46861 - 46880 of 46937 Posts