Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Vote for the Site Favourite ROTM winner for the year of 2021 HERE!
46881 - 46900 of 46937 Posts

·
Registered
22,436 Posts
As you guys know, south Texas doesn’t usually have that kind of weather. Last year it got down to 2 degrees with 8 inches of snow plus ice. Nothing but untreated #2 in the truck and block heater not plugged in and the truck fired up and I drove it around clearing trees off the road and never missed a beat….

Fast forward to this year and we got down to 20 degrees. A few days later when it warmed back up to the 40’s and 50’s the batteries started failing. 3 months after the replacement warranty expired…

Replaced both (AGM Platinum from Advance Auto) with AGM Platinum from O’Reilly. Need to clean the terminals good as I couldn’t really get at them correctly in the partaking lot of the auto parts store.

These will probably die 3 months after warranty to….SMH

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
my original GM batteries lasted like 7-8 years. I put gm ones back in it and they are still going good. I think I’m on year 5 now.

I know you get more heat then me but still pretty good.

·
Registered
187 Posts
I think it's hit or miss. Have had a battery go bad in like 2.5 years under warranty then I have a 7 year old optima in another car that is still chugging along.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
32 Posts
Lots of snot in the bottom of my filter housing and out the water drain. Emptied it a few times since I bought the truck so I was surprised.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Reactions: GoBlowSnow

·
Registered
4,204 Posts
Lots of snot in the bottom of my filter housing and out the water drain. Emptied it a few times since I bought the truck so I was surprised.

How many miles since the last change? That's pretty dirty. Do you get fuel from the same station or all different?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2017 Silverado 3500HD SRW
1,790 Posts
Ordered amsoil for my oil change this next month

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: 1lunger

·
Registered
279 Posts

You should do the fleece fuel filter delete and start running the Donaldson filter if you’re getting that sorta stuff. That’s a lot of junk you’re getting in your fuel. I’d be worried if you’re driving a LML!

·
Registered
279 Posts
Ordered amsoil for my oil change this next month

I’ve had great luck with the Amsoil products. I run their dual bypass filter system and oil. My oil stays golden brown for thousands of miles.

·
Registered
32 Posts
How many miles since the last change? That's pretty dirty. Do you get fuel from the same station or all different?

I changed it when I bought the truck about 9k miles ago, so second change for me. All different stations from ME down to NC currently. Guess I'll be changing it sooner next time.

·
Registered
2017 Silverado 3500HD SRW
1,790 Posts
I’ve had great luck with the Amsoil products. I run their dual bypass filter system and oil. My oil stays golden brown for thousands of miles.

I’m no stranger to amsoil. Had to re add my cc to the account for an update and log in says original members account 2006, it’s always treated all my cars and atvs well

·
Registered
134 Posts
16 lml stock , Oil change, trans filter change, filled Def and upgraded from Sport mirrors to Boost Tow Mirrors.

Noticed that the DIC is saying 30% full when CTS shows 100%. Def tank is definitely full.

Is there a float in the tank that could be stuck? Any recommendations besides trip to the stealership?

·
Premium Member
2019 GMC Sierra 3500HD
132 Posts
Well after a 3+ week wait my order finally showed up. And of course as luck would have it, instead of being in the 60s and unseasonably warm the temperature is now in the 20s. The cold temperatures really wouldn’t bother me but when you’re working under the truck, on cold concrete with cold steel it does sort of take away some of your enthusiasm.
I got lucky over the pre-Christmas sales and Performance truck had the exhaust on sale for a little over $100 less than what everybody else was selling it for so really can’t complain.
Road surface Rectangle Brickwork Wood Brick

·
Finally! Wheels on!
10,457 Posts
Today I super cleaned the side terminals with a wire cup in the drill coated them with anti corrosion. Also put a new K&N reusable filter on the LB7. Need to ditch that AFE intake its too much work to change the filter. Going to order the S&B

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
Well after a 3+ week wait my order finally showed up. And of course as luck would have it, instead of being in the 60s and unseasonably warm the temperature is now in the 20s. The cold temperatures really wouldn’t bother me but when you’re working under the truck, on cold concrete with cold steel it does sort of take away some of your enthusiasm.
I got lucky over the pre-Christmas sales and Performance truck had the exhaust on sale for a little over $100 less than what everybody else was selling it for so really can’t complain.
View attachment 1096220

I just did the DPF back on my 18. You do not need to unplug either of the sensors, but that hard line on mine was rusted solid to the nut. Ended up cutting the line and replacing it with a piece of brake line and a compression connector.

·
Premium Member
2019 GMC Sierra 3500HD
132 Posts
I just did the DPF back on my 18. You do not need to unplug either of the sensors, but that hard line on mine was rusted solid to the nut. Ended up cutting the line and replacing it with a piece of brake line and a compression connector.
I was watching the install video and that’s the conclusion I came too. Appreciate the confirmation. So the front hanger stays in place? Is the picture correct….?
‘Did do you put it on a lift or were you able to do it on the ground?

Product Rectangle Slope Font Parallel

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
I did mine on the ground. Flipped a jack stand over, placed bottom against spare tire, head against floor jack and lifted just enough to get the hump over the rear axle. Option is to just make an extra cut. The new one goes in no problem as there is a joint just behind but above the axle. I have a SWB, so no front hanger and I had to pull all the sensors to put them in the new pipe.

Reactions: Colorado3500

·
Registered
4,204 Posts
Drove mine to meet a guy to sell a set of ATV tires that I had laying around. Other than random trips like that which require a bed, or towing the UTV out to ride, the ole LBZ just gets driven to work and back home these days.

·
Registered
19,699 Posts
Sent in my last payment! Should have the title next month.
Nice I paid mine off a few years ago, now im gonna have a motor payment. Lol. Still cheaper then a new truck though.

Sent from my LM-G900 using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
374 Posts
Nice I paid mine off a few years ago, now im gonna have a motor payment. Lol. Still cheaper then a new truck though.

Sent from my LM-G900 using Tapatalk
Yeah, I can start saving up for head gaskets now. I have had it for almost 6 years and only put 22k miles.

46881 - 46900 of 46937 Posts