Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
46941 - 46960 of 47301 Posts

·
Registered
2022 2500HD High Country
609 Posts
Well that sucks. Not sure what would have had power to it while sitting with the keys out, either power mirror or door light maybe? Power to the window motors is usually off until the key is in the on position. Perhaps door lock? Just guessing, but maybe the relay for the door lock stuck in the closed position when your son locked the vehicle, that would definitely cause the little motor in the lock actuator to catch on fire.

Hope your insurance company takes care of you and you're able to get a new truck!

Reactions: Colorado3500

·
Premium Member
2019 GMC Sierra 3500HD
158 Posts
So I currently have my first GMC pick up, and I have been looking for a rear seat cover that works with the split seats that fold up instead of the head rest folding down. Anyway I happen to come across a website called 4Knines. They offer a seat cover that has zippers so you can fold up the driver side by itself or the passenger side by itself. It also has zipper so that you can fold the drink holder in the center down. And little zippers down by the seatbelts so you can pull the seatbelt connector out. I ordered it Monday evening and it showed up today with the mail.
I will say the initial impression is it seems to be well-built, it fits fairly well. It went on easy and it fits snug too. It also has the hammock feature so that I could hook the bottom portion to the back of the front seats if I have the dog in the backseat. Overall I have to say the initial impression is pretty damn good.
I also like the fact that it has the flaps on the side so you cannot see the lockbox under the seat when the seats are down. And I can fold up one side of the bench seat and get to the lockbox if I need to, without unhooking the entire cover…
World Font Material property Motor vehicle Paper
Car Automotive tire Automotive lighting Hood Motor vehicle
Automotive design Automotive tire Automotive exterior Trunk Vehicle door
Vehicle Window Car Plant Head restraint
Car Vehicle Window Motor vehicle Automotive design
Car Vehicle Motor vehicle Automotive design Window

·
Registered
697 Posts
I was a bit stir crazy this morning and remembered that I am not satisfied with the volume or velocity of the air coming from my vents.
A couple years ago I read a thread on here on how to clean the coils with some foaming spray and cycle the heat / air. When I did that ALOT of dog hair and crap from the PO came out the drain. It helped some, but still low velocity and volume in my opinion.

I pulled out the small shop vac and air hose with a 90 degree nozzle on it, then pulled off the removable cabin air filter cover. I also pulled out the vent directional pieces for better access to the in dash tubing. Essentially I took compressed air and blew from the filter area up into the vents with the shop vac shoved into the vent tubes. I was a bit surprised at the amount of sticky foam debris and fuzz that shot out of the vents and what I collected in the vac.

Probably more of a time passing event then anything but I would guesstimate that I picked up about 10% air flow for 20 minutes of piddling around. I figure that I am at the point that I am going to have live with it like it is unless I want to pull the whole thing apart to clean / replace whatever I find.

I am not that ambious at the moment.

Reactions: McSpeed

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
You might have better luck pulling the panel off that gives access to the blower motor and taking out the blower motor to suck the crap off the blower side of the coils. Should take you about 30 min to 1 hr to pull and replace the blower motor.

Reactions: theheder

·
Registered
697 Posts
I'll give that a try.

I just watched a YouTube video that shows how to pop out the motor.

If I would have known how easy it would be to replace it I would have already done it!

·
Registered
1,496 Posts
I was a bit stir crazy this morning and remembered that I am not satisfied with the volume or velocity of the air coming from my vents.
A couple years ago I read a thread on here on how to clean the coils with some foaming spray and cycle the heat / air. When I did that ALOT of dog hair and crap from the PO came out the drain. It helped some, but still low velocity and volume in my opinion.

I pulled out the small shop vac and air hose with a 90 degree nozzle on it, then pulled off the removable cabin air filter cover. I also pulled out the vent directional pieces for better access to the in dash tubing. Essentially I took compressed air and blew from the filter area up into the vents with the shop vac shoved into the vent tubes. I was a bit surprised at the amount of sticky foam debris and fuzz that shot out of the vents and what I collected in the vac.

Probably more of a time passing event then anything but I would guesstimate that I picked up about 10% air flow for 20 minutes of piddling around. I figure that I am at the point that I am going to have live with it like it is unless I want to pull the whole thing apart to clean / replace whatever I find.

Neat idea, thanks for sharing

·
Premium Member
2019 GMC Sierra 3500HD
158 Posts
I am digging those underseat lock boxes. Details on those?

Oh yeah the covers are nice too!
‘it’s a Tuffy Lock box … Significant room, 2 separate doors and 3 locks. My only complaint is that the lock tumblers are not very small. I wish they were 3” across instead of 1” but they work so…

·
Registered
697 Posts

I swapped out the blower motor and resistor to see if it would help. Unfortunately not really an improvement. I guess I will just live with it.....

·
Registered
1,579 Posts
Changed the fuel filter.

Didn't get the o-ring seated perfectly the first go around, so diesel shot all over the frame for a couple seconds. D'oh.

Re seated, primed and life is good

·
Registered
2016 Silverado LTZ LML
70 Posts
Glad I'm not the only one. Had a hard time last weekend getting the o-ring to stay home. Thankfully no issue on start up. Don't think I've had that issue before.

·
Registered
1,579 Posts

·
Premium Member
2021 Denali HD DRW
123 Posts
So I currently have my first GMC pick up, and I have been looking for a rear seat cover that works with the split seats that fold up instead of the head rest folding down. Anyway I happen to come across a website called 4Knines. View attachment 1096677
Have you used the hammock feature? Does it seem to stay in place pretty well?

·
Premium Member
2019 GMC Sierra 3500HD
158 Posts
Before/ after pics please!
I’m going to try and get pictures tonight. Truck was backed in the driveway because of the extreme cold and snow so couldn’t get pictures before ..

·
Registered
2019 GMC Sierra 2500HD AT4 Crew Cab L5P Duramax
107 Posts
Finally, no more "Low coolant" message on the DIC. I had the stealer replace the lower coolant tank and sensor last Monday.

·
Registered
587 Posts
Finally broke down and picked up some new 5/8" cutting edges for my plow.
And since it was warm out the day before,changed the oil and filter.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Colorado3500
46941 - 46960 of 47301 Posts