Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There was an old thread that posted prices what people are paying for 06/07. It was a couple of years old so I thought I would start a new thread.

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter #2

·
Registered
585 Posts
Paid $28.5 for an 06 4x4 LT w/ 51,000mi. EC/LB w/ towing mirrors, spray-in bedliner, alloys, XM, tint (no leather, no Bose).

I felt it was a little bit overpriced, but it had everything I was looking for and I wasn't going to let it get away for a few bucks! It's tough to find the Blue Granite color to begin with let alone with the options I was looking for. Around me they were in short supply...I ended up driving 5 hours for it!

·
Registered
1,609 Posts
In January 08 I paid $34k for my cclb lbz with 18k miles. It was a pretty good deal, considering it already had a Fabtech lift and some wheels and tires. All stock otherwise....hahahaha not now.

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
On top of a good deal it costs approx 2500$ to import by the time you add flights, travel time/fuel, GST, RIV fees. Trucks here are selling 33-36k, so it need a good deal in the states to make it worth the trip.

What I dont understand is that there is 10k difference on a new vehicle from US to CA but the used market has about a 2k difference. A new loaded LTZ here is approx 56k, was quoted in phoenix 45k for the same truck! So on average it costs me the about the same to buy a used truck in the US at current values.

I think NADA has the values set too high in the states on used vehicles only because you can buy a new one for such a good price.

Buy a used truck with 60k miles on it for 33k$ or say screw it and buy a new one for 45-47k and have full warranty?

Patience I guess.

·
VAGITARIAN :)
7,336 Posts
06 LBZ[grey one]$29,500 or $34,332 after tax etc.-----had 16k miles
07 LBZ Classic $24,354 or $28,530------has 39k miles[ bought warranty]

·
VAGITARIAN :)
7,336 Posts
On top of a good deal it costs approx 2500$ to import by the time you add flights, travel time/fuel, GST, RIV fees. Trucks here are selling 33-36k, so it need a good deal in the states to make it worth the trip.

What I dont understand is that there is 10k difference on a new vehicle from US to CA but the used market has about a 2k difference. A new loaded LTZ here is approx 56k, was quoted in phoenix 45k for the same truck! So on average it costs me the about the same to buy a used truck in the US at current values.

I think NADA has the values set too high in the states on used vehicles only because you can buy a new one for such a good price.

Buy a used truck with 60k miles on it for 33k$ or say screw it and buy a new one for 45-47k and have full warranty?

Patience I guess.
no.get one with 38k,for 29 grand,and buy a 5 year warranty for 1700 bucks...:cool:

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

·
Registered
838 Posts
:kneel

$23.5K for NBS LMM CC LB LT 4x4. 42K Miles.
:saywhat Damn, that was a sweet deal! thats what i paid for mine drive out w 104k mi. 4k under book.

·
Registered
144 Posts
i bought mine brand new for 39k in Feb 07

·
Premium Member
297 Posts
:kneel

$23.5K for NBS LMM CC LB LT 4x4. 42K Miles.
Damn i thought i got a good deal when i bought my last LMM CCSB for 28k in Nov.08 with 36k miles. Thought it was a great deal when i traded it in a year later with 100k miles for 25k. Did'nt get so lucky with the Dually LMM.

·
saw what you did there
14,297 Posts
Some notes on my buy:

I bought my truck from a hurtin' GM dealer at the height of the dealers getting axed. They had just bought the truck from an auction, the truck was a GMFC repo.

I told the sales guy, "don't clean it, don't touch it. what do you want for it right now?" I rolled the dice a bit, but couldn't pass up that price. :D

·
Registered
987 Posts
23k in aug of '09. 68,xxx miles reese 15k 5th wheel, brake controller, bose 6 disk, clean cloth int, rear slider window, tonneau cover, and a few other goodies came from the dealer certified!

·
Sweet Revelation
2,919 Posts
Some notes on my buy:

I bought my truck from a hurtin' GM dealer at the height of the dealers getting axed. They had just bought the truck from an auction, the truck was a GMFC repo.

I told the sales guy, "don't clean it, don't touch it. what do you want for it right now?" I rolled the dice a bit, but couldn't pass up that price. :D
oh okay i just read that, nice job man :wink

·
Registered
30 Posts
2006 SLT 4X4 with 40k everything but the sunroof and DVD for $27,500. Needed tires though.

·
Confidence Antler
1,997 Posts
Some notes on my buy:

We did the same thing with my dad's powerstroke from Titus Will. That way you can see how the previous owner treated it as well. The previous owner of that truck actually left his business cards in there so we called him and got the history on it. He was a heavy diesel mechanic too, so that didn't hurt :rof

I'd post how much I got mine for, but that was when diesel hit $5 so it wouldn't be very pertinent now.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts