Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Finally decided to just ditch my LLY. I'm just not a fan of it anymore. Have always liked the LMMs more. New body style, 6 speed, more power stock, quieter, less flaws.

I just want to know what the problems with these trucks are, not only the engines, but everything. I am looking at a few 08s-09s with about 70k-120k miles on them.
I planned on an Airdog-4G, full delete, down pipe, exhaust, and tuning. Apart from that, I'm not looking to make any power right now. I want to be in an extremely reliable truck. Any help or opinions would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
1,268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Motors are great. Injectors aren't prone to failure, but keep and eye on it. The dashes are horse shit if you ask me. They rattle and pop at random times. Its a NNBS thing because my buddies half ton does the same thing. My dash is cracked in 2 spots with 52k on it. One day I'll get around to fixing that. Other than that, great pickups. Plan on keeping mine for next few years less the right deal comes up. Right now I'm rolling with about every supporting mod aside a built trans and very reliable. Good luck!
How do you like it compared to your old truck?

That surprises me about the dash. Is the LT and LTZ both like that or what? I'm looking at a CCSB LTZ.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.