Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

Playing around with the EFI Live on my friend's truck showed these balance rates:

Cyl 1: -2.0
Cyl 2: +3.7
Cyl 3: -1.09
Cyl 4: -2.25
Cyl 5: +2.15
Cyl 6: +1.7
Cyl 7: -1.12
Cyl 8: -1.02

What do you all think? The truck has about 190k on it and it runs great. No smoke, perfect idle, zero problems.

·
Registered
1,727 Posts
Looks just like mine, and same here, no smoke, no fuel in oil, so Im not worrying. #2 is getting questionable but +/-4 is the "mark" in park. The rest of mine are +/-1.5 or less just have one that intermittenly goes over 2.5. I wouldnt worry if theres no other indication of a problem. Is it an LB7 truck or newer?

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm sorry, I didn't realize I left out the truck info.

Yes, it's a 2002 LB7. I am worried about #2 as it did hit 4.0 a couple times. The numbers I posted were the averages.

·
Registered
1,727 Posts
Mine hits 6-7 on that one injector sometimes, but more often than not it stays right around 2.5. If I run the shit out of it on max effort it gets better. I run additive almost every tank and it seems to help. Im just prolonging the inevitable, but until there is another indication I have a problem Im not worrying about it. Your situation is alot like mine. I wouldnt worry until you start seeing another issue show up.

·
Banned
5,738 Posts
Was it in stock tune when you were reading them?

·
Registered
65 Posts

·
Banned
5,738 Posts

·
Registered
3,774 Posts
try the DIY fuel injection cleaner...

really helped mine out and for ~$15 its a good piece of mind

1 - 10 of 10 Posts