Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am about to get a 1994 6.5 1500 4x4 z71 6.5 i cant afford to keep trashing my duramax up doing some of the stuff i do. what are some of the problems yall are experinceing with these goats. Also can this old thing hadle a 38,000 pound load of hay. I no its heavy im sure it cant but what will happen if i try. :help

·
Oh...... Squirrel!
24,083 Posts

·
Save Water, Drink Beer
1,102 Posts
Well, about the weight tolerances your best bet is your judgment and as far as the problem concerns you should be ok. The problems that I have seen stem for the cooling system and the lack of power. Heath diesel makes a lot of upgrades with these old gals. Good Luck on your purchase.

·
Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I do no that the truck has a 4l80 tranny. When i purchase the truck i have another built allsion laying around i am going to see what it takes to put it in. Acutally i will probley by a stock ally because i no i will never be able to make enough power and torque out of this old girl to have a problem with slipping clucths and all

·
Save Water, Drink Beer
1,102 Posts
Mounting a Allison 1000 Trans to a 6.5 would be the hard part. All the electronic B.S.

·
Registered
699 Posts
rear axle should be a gm 14 bolt semi floater, with more than likely 3.73 gears. good and steady on the throttle and it'll move if eventually, your front brakes will need to be replaced about every two months and after hauling for a season pull the diff cover and check the c clips on the axles, thats the only down fall to that axle, ps tell george i need some extra haulin work

·
Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
lol John george is in a bine himself his dodge turbo blew up so much for that 66. The injection pump went out on the 2002 and the transfer case on the 12 va is fryied. We are talking about turing old green into a racer. And my duramax into either a puller or racer or maybe both

·
Registered
699 Posts
i'll tell ya what, that sob can f some shizt up. i gotta give him a call and harase him :D

·
Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I dont no nothing lol. I need to get with him also. Hey if u know of anyone with a 2wd diesel for sale Cheap. I need to built me another pull truck

·
Registered
699 Posts
let me see if he still has one that would be perfect fot ya, gen one cummins reg cab dually w/ 130k original mile

·
Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Get me a price on that rig. Thanks

·
Registered
699 Posts
he has two trucks he might sell, the gen one dodge for 6k everything is good on it but the milage cable just broke about a month ago. and a f350 w/235k miles small lift little rough body 16 10 rims steel bumpers front and rear diesel and a brand new 5 speed its got a 5 dial chip cold air intake and a xlt nicer interior 6k also,,,, the dodge is nice for a work truck the ford is a good worker too but the dodge is a lot less maintence, give me a call 863 381 4744 john

1 - 12 of 12 Posts