Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i just ordered 285/50/22 tera grappler tires and a +25 offset wheel for my 09 duramax with a levelling kit. I was wondering if the tires r going to b pizza cutters and is the offset too far in? Should i go with a lower offset or and 12.50 wide tires? (I want the tires to stick out past the fenders just a little bit)

·
Oh...... Squirrel!
24,083 Posts

·
Registered
895 Posts
sloans where you located in AB there a a couple of us in GP and a few in Calgary and Edmonton. Just wondering waht you chose for wheels?

If it is a 9" or 10" wide wheel it should stick out a 1/2 in further and you are going form a 10.4 wide to 11.2 wide tire.

Later
Phil

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
im from slave lake, the rim size is 9.5 wide and the tire i believe is 11.5 wide. One of my buddies said my tires will be way in and rub real bad and other ppl say it will stick out a tiny bit more than the stock wheels. I went with the gear alloy 717 wheel, hopefully it will look good.

·
Registered
895 Posts
You might get some scrub with the leveling kit at a full turn. I went with 0 offset and stock size tires for the summer and needed the leveling kit to keep from rubbing...in the real world I do not know they are not on yet LOL keep us filled in when you get them on there is too much snow here to mount a nice wheel now anyway

1 - 5 of 5 Posts