Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello all,

I have a 03 with just shy of 48,000 miles and over the last week I have noticed the Information Center or the spot where the millage etc... reads is constantly lit up, as the trucks is not running. No number or letters just all green. Anyone have any ideas or experience with this?

A couple bits of info, last week I had the Cluster rebuilt as my oil pressure, engine temp and trans temp gauges went on the fritz. Could this be an issue?

Secondly about every third time I start the truck the amp gauge reads low and then raises up to 14 amps after a few minutes, and I have also noticed the battery light on from time to time very faintly. The truck has the original alternator, however the batteries have been changed, not sure when as I have only owned the truck one year.

Any thoughts or experiences would be great. Thanks

·
Registered
2,470 Posts
Sounds like the cluster re-build was messed up possibly. who did the rebuild?

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It was rebuilt by a semi-local company that specializes in rebuilds and repairs. I had thought I should call them and ask as well.

I will also check the connection next time I am able.

Thanks for the thoughts, any other thoughts or experiences. B

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.