Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
415 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What does everyone use as a fuel addative? I use Red Line Diesel Fuel Catalyst. I have not really seen anyone run it what do you think?

·
Registered
613 Posts
I use amsoil.Haven't noticed any performance gains but I'll be trying the cetane boost next year.

·
Administrator
8,815 Posts
stanadyne here...i have used power service when I cant get it and have also tried howes.

·
Registered
80 Posts
power service every tank and I switch from grey to white bottles depending onthe season. Next question, does anyone just use 2 stroke on here

·
Registered
112 Posts
I've got it in mine. Right now it's warming up for the ride home, purring like a kitten. I live in a milder climate than a lot of y'all. No winter fuel or anti gel needed.

·
Vendor
10,964 Posts
AMSOIL Fuel Concentrate and Cetane Booster for me. Have seen smoother running, faster starting motor and I gained a little in fuel economy too. There are many other products to choose from, just stick with one that it is alcohol free.

If I can help anyone with AMSOIL products, just PM me.

Take care,

·
Rode the Short Bus
2,380 Posts
power service every tank and I switch from grey to white bottles depending onthe season. Next question, does anyone just use 2 stroke on here
I have run 2 cycle over the last few tanks. I am not seeing much improvement though. The first tank I thought I got about 1 gallon improvement, but it may have been driving methods, becuase the next tank was back to normal mileage.

I have been considering trying the Amsoil cetane booster.

A lot of times, you may be seeing mileage difference based on the cetane of the fuel you are buying. All fuels are not created equal and SETexan has been working on gathering some information about different manufacturers cetane values. Of course, that is mostly an average.

·
Registered
505 Posts
Stanadyne every tank.

·
NewEST Spinny Thinggg
4,291 Posts
I like stanadyne...not had a chance to try amsoil's yet

·
Registered
134 Posts
Powerservice Diesel Kleen. 10oz in every tank.

·
Registered
278 Posts
I went on a trip last week and thought that i would try the 2 cycle myth. I used Polaris synthetic and saw no improvement at all. I also run the *********** service bottle a good chug with every tank. With the results that i saw I would say the run 2 stroke oil and get better mileage is myth. It probably helps with lube though.

·
Premium Member
268 Posts
I went on a trip last week and thought that i would try the 2 cycle myth. I used Polaris synthetic and saw no improvement at all. I also run the *********** service bottle a good chug with every tank. With the results that i saw I would say the run 2 stroke oil and get better mileage is myth. It probably helps with lube though.
Yeah, that's the only reason I run it.

·
Premium Member
1,972 Posts
I have been using the Opti-Lube XPD in my truck for several months. From what I've read on other posts, it has the best properties when compared to other additives....Even outperforms the Amsoil products...

·
Registered
62 Posts
I used amsoil the first 100k then switched to stanadyne.

·
Rode the Short Bus
2,380 Posts
IWith the results that i saw I would say the run 2 stroke oil and get better mileage is myth. It probably helps with lube though.
The 2cycle oil does help lubricity. I have to believe it hasn't helped my mileage enough to detect by hand calcs.

I have been using the Opti-Lube XPD in my truck for several months. From what I've read on other posts, it has the best properties when compared to other additives....Even outperforms the Amsoil products...
There is a thread on here somewhere with a study done, I think it was Tanks 250 (can't remember). The study started over at Diesel Place and an independent lab did the study. They used a multitude of additives and found Opti-Lube XPD was about the best available besides biodiesel (IIRC). I like the 2cycle oil because it is so readily available though.

I have only found Opti-Lube online. Do you know anywhere else to buy it?

1 - 20 of 22 Posts