Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought my truck and started cleaning it. Pulled the back seats down and found a ton of dog hair with urine stains on the back seats. needless to say it smells and I don't know what will work best to get rid of the stink. Thanks.

·
saw what you did there
14,297 Posts

·
Registered
485 Posts
take it to someone who has a carpet extractor/shampooer, you are going to need a deep clean to get those urine stains and smells out, i use steam for my detailing business, it kills bacteria that causes the smell and sanitizes the area.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Try some Guiness, Pickled Eggs, and some old hot chilli.

It'll also get rid of whatever fleas the dog left in your truck.

Keep the windows up and no A/C for faster action. :rof

:blowup

Try using masking tape to pull the dog hair off the seats.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Love half your answers, the others are a little...............over board. LOL I'll try some deep cleaning with anti bacterial products. Thanks for your help.

·
Premium Member
26,482 Posts

·
Banned
24,083 Posts
Id try some carburetor or brake cleaner. I have used that to clean ink off of uppolstery. Should clean the BAD urine stains and make the smell go away. Then some tuff stuff for the big areas :cool:

·
Registered
188 Posts
if it was the summer time i would just say leave the windows open as much as you could...i often get fish smell in my truck because of the amount of fishing i do...but leaving the windows open usually does the trick..that and an air freshener!

·
Registered
485 Posts
^^yes but an odor from your clothes and gutting a fish on your carpet are two different animals lol

·
Registered
188 Posts
^^yes but an odor from your clothes and gutting a fish on your carpet are two different animals lol
yea absolutely!! but i dont think he was gutting fish on his carpet? just dog smell right!hahah!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.