Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im looking into an Insynerator DSL 3in downpipe but the price really worries me. Honestly, I would like to spend less money on this one but the MBRP I know will not give me any problems. I kinda need some help with my decision, thanks

·
I'm That Guy...
16,689 Posts
MBRP are said to have fitment issues...

·
Registered
4,422 Posts
I had no problem with my MBRP DP...other then breaking the bolts loose and my brother catching my truck on fire with the torch.

·
Banned
5,738 Posts
Diamond Eye or Profab.........................................

·
Registered
7,861 Posts
Like my MBRP other then a pita on the LMM but that's anyone on them

Sent from my DROIDX

·
Its just a worktruck
13,908 Posts
That's the same as ProFab/RDL. I have one on my truck. No complaints here! Rick is a vendor here so give him a shout!

·
Banned
5,738 Posts
Like my MBRP other then a pita on the LMM but that's anyone on them

Sent from my DROIDX
MBRP has fitment issues with everything they make...................

My Diamond eye bolted right up no problem.........................

I have heard the same about Profab^^^^^^^^................ Good product............

·
Registered
1,316 Posts
does a downpipe really make a difference for the pain in the a$$ it is to install???

·
Registered
102 Posts
does a downpipe really make a difference for the pain in the a$$ it is to install???
yes, you are opening it up to a larger diameter, and a smoother bore, allowing the exhaust gases to escape quicker.

·
Banned
5,738 Posts
It gets rid of the WOT screech and allows the turbo to cool off more quickly, thats it.................... They do not make any more power or significantly cool egts while under load.

·
Registered
389 Posts
I used the profab, no problems so far. And went on like a champ

·
Im Superrrrr!
14,517 Posts
MBRP never had any fitment issues on the LB7....they had issues long ago on the VVT turbos, but they have since fixed that.

·
Registered
370 Posts
Just to confirm my thinking....I am looking at buying a new exhaust system for my LB7 and I am looking at turbo back systems. I am making the assumption that it includes the down pipe. If this is true why would you ever just replace the down pipe and have it go into the stock exhaust? Or vice versa and just replace the stock exhaust from down pipe back and do the down pipe later on down the road?

I am not trying to be an ass here just trying to confim the way I think and making sure I am not missing something here. Bottom line to me is:

If your going to upgrade any of your exhaust system do it all or don't do it.

·
Banned
5,738 Posts
Just to confirm my thinking....I am looking at buying a new exhaust system for my LB7 and I am looking at turbo back systems. I am making the assumption that it includes the down pipe. If this is true why would you ever just replace the down pipe and have it go into the stock exhaust? Or vice versa and just replace the stock exhaust from down pipe back and do the down pipe later on down the road?

I am not trying to be an ass here just trying to confim the way I think and making sure I am not missing something here. Bottom line to me is:

If your going to upgrade any of your exhaust system do it all or don't do it.
Downpipe back systems do not include a downpipe..........

The downpipe really dosen't make that much of a diffrence unless you push the turbo to it's limits. So those who don't push their truck hard really don't need it.

Turbo back systems do...........................

·
I STILL DGAF
9,061 Posts
It gets rid of the WOT screech and allows the turbo to cool off more quickly, thats it.................... They do not make any more power or significantly cool egts while under load.
Agreed with this. All I ever saw was it cooled down a little quicker when I parked the truck. Under load it was almost as hot as before. It does get rid of the screach sound and makes your truck sound more like an lb7 or a psd actually, lol.

·
Registered
1,316 Posts
What's screech sound

·
Diesel Junky
1,107 Posts
after all the trouble on my lmm, i'd do it again the dp is worth it to me. My egt's are 100-150 degrees cooler. heard pro fab is good though and well priced

1 - 19 of 19 Posts