Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I installed the Diablosport Predator on the 65 HP and my fuel mileage went from 14 to 11.5 around town. I installed it and played a little than filled it up and drove easy to see what kind of mileage it would get. I droped it down to the 40hp and will see what it does.

·
Hi, I'm Earth. Have we met?
3,162 Posts
Are those hand caculated numbers or are u using the DIC numbers?

·
Received a Hummer
9,627 Posts
My personal opinion....you are probably watching your mileage real close now. When I first fill up my tank...I hand calculate 11 MPG for the first 3 or 4 gallons.... By time my tank is empty I hand calculate 16-17. I know in my truck the DIC is 99.8% accurate on how much fuel I use...but the MPG is WAY OFF! So if you are using the MPG on the DIC...don't...it sux. But if you are taking your mileage dividing it by the gallons of gas you use...that will be pretty accurate. But you can't be 100% positive until you run out a full tank. Also....did you notice a decent HP increase? Or couldn't you feel it? And how high where you running your RPM's before it shifted?

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hand caculated. My DIC says 19mpg I knew it was way off when I first installed it a drove down the Highway and it said 26mpg.Yes you could feel the power and the trans shifts real quick. I mean the trans shifts into 2nd in like 4 feet it was like that stock to.

·
Administrator
8,815 Posts
When is the last time you changed your fuel filter?

·
Received a Hummer
9,627 Posts
Since you are hand calculating it....I would run a full tank out and then go by that. Plus alot of people say you have to run about 300 miles on your new settings until your tranny "learns" the new shifting pattern. That could also have something to do with the MPG. Because when mine was new and shifted rough...my mileage was worse.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I did run a tank 240 miles took 21 Gal to fill up.

·
Administrator
8,815 Posts
have you checked that your speedo and odometer are correct? They are sometimes off from the factory. Also, is that all in town driving? How hot has it been where you are? Is the fan running all the time? I get better than that in the winter just driving to and from work.

·
Received a Hummer
9,627 Posts
Yeah..you're def. gona wana research that some more...when I use 21 gallons I have about 340 to 360 miles on my Trip-o-meter.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Well with the 40hp freeway driving I,m getting 16mph Down from 17.5 stock.

·
Diesel Addict
7,754 Posts
mine never increased any untill the 2nd or 3rd tank..

1 - 12 of 12 Posts