Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
VAGITARIAN :)
7,336 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well guys I sure am surprised at how my last trip went.At 2 o clock this morn my truck starts making an awful noise LIKE a shaft would be going out under the front end[but more under the center to be exact!!].After a few miles[not far]my truck STOPS pulling!!All I get is a P0700 and ''shift range inhibited''...........sooooo,I determine that I still have first gear,but when I push it to kinda shift then it throws a DTC[p0700] and SRIshift range inhibited message.

So did my SC stage 5 just go out??I hate to think I killed it never running more than a PPE HOT2 on lvl 4...
What gets me is when my stocker went the trans would do NOTHING,think it's just as simple as the NSBU switch doing this??Opinions please,I had to get the wife to drive 90 miles,then retun home and get a bigger trailer than I have and get it home!Called Suncoast this morn and they said just bring it to the dealer so they can run a more in depth scan of the trans/and the DTC list..
What do you all think of this???
YES trans full of oil,spin ons have been changed every 15k miles since I had the trans/need it or not.I don't get it?Did my TC just go or what.At least Suncoast is working with me to make it right........:help

·
7,336 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Great.........Well I got it from Merchant and it's not even a year old!

·
7,336 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
bump!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
7,336 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
:help:help:help:help

·
7,336 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Cmon no one has an idea???

·
Registered
2,317 Posts
change your fuel filter:rof:rof

·
Premium Member
1,980 Posts
Trans pressure switch assembly?

·
Registered
3,642 Posts
what codes did it throw... (BESIDES P0700)

·
7,336 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

·
Slave to the Interwebs
9,954 Posts
Po700 is a generic code saying that something is wrong in the tranny, That is where EFI is good, it will tell you the codes the tranny threw.The 700 just tells the ECm there is something wrong

·
Registered
88 Posts

·
7,336 Posts
Discussion Starter #17 (Edited)
I appreciate everyone's input!Kinda bummed though

Go purple :D i know i am when i get my new truck. I very dislike my SC V.
what re the reasons that you don't care for it???I won't bash until I know what's wrong also.Like John said above the 0700 is just a general code,and suncoast told me this also,that's why they had me bring it in to get more in depth info............sooooo,we'll wait and see...fahqing bummer though man I just spent 2 weeks with downtime!!

Hey Mike L.....I appreciate you chiming in.I am leaning to the T case as well cause the noise I heard could only be described as the TC burning up or a 4x4 shaft etc.Like rotational noise/but harshly rubbing[if that makes sense],and it also kinda skipped a few times and I heard the ALL too familiar sound I heard when my 1st T case went.waiting game now I guess?I do know when i lost the first t case the trans wouldn't do anything and I got some of the same noise.
It really pisses me off though that these transfer cases are so shitty.I mean how's it fine one minute and then just stops pulling with virtually no warning??From the time I heard anything till the time it stops was maybe 3-4 miles,at best!These driveline issues have to be my main complaint about my Duramax.I know they are fun to have etc. but often wonder if deciding to use one commercially was a mistake?AND I HEAR a lot of guys that run with me say they'd bought a Dmax,had these issues and had to sell it and get a Dodge or Ford SIMPLY cause these issues with t cases and shit are non existent.....and they had to make a switch or lose their leases.

·
7,336 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Updated!!!

Speed sensor somewhere in t case bad not letting tranny shift!!It's fixed already will have her back this afternoon!!:popcornhappyjump
Also they are changing the damn driver side HUB BEARING![there's my rotational issue I had,but I'll say it didn't sound like when the previous hub bearings failed]I figured it was a lil tooo noisy....I knew it was time for that HB to go,first I replaced at 70k,now at 194k I need another one:booboo

·
Registered
238 Posts
Good to hear, at least it is a semi simple fix for ya. still sucks your down a truck though.

·
7,336 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
That realy helped a lot richard.
I thought his name was Jamie?????????

:D:rockinLOL :rofrichard..I appreciate everyone's input!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts