Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I remember when this forum was full of non whining and crying, trying to look cool in the burbs, mall crawling, OMG I bought a truck and it does not drive like my Mercedes that my parents bought me Men with a pair. Jesus. Just thought I’d share, from back in time before tampons were made for the new so called “Man”

·
Super Moderator
2017 GMC Denali 2500HD, 3.5" Rough Country Lift, 305/55R20 Yokohama Geolandar A/T
2,646 Posts
Not sure what sparked this particular comment, but the forum is still full of folks like that. I talk to a group of them every day on here.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
A lot has changed since I joined in 2010, I do see a lot of good, but wow. Guess it’s just a sign of the times.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the replies, maybe I just read the wrong threads. Be sweet, play pretty. Peace!

·
Registered
21,731 Posts
Thanks for the replies, maybe I just read the wrong threads. Be sweet, play pretty. Peace!
a lot of the original crew from back in 2010 is gone. There are a few of us but not many. But here are also several new members that are pretty cool.

·
Registered
118 Posts
I bought my '01 a bit over a year ago. It was just what I had been looking for, a work truck. The only mods I've done is to get the mud tires off ASAP and put some KO2's (stock size) on it, a cover for the bed and the organizer for under the rear seat. Oh, and a set of snow chains, too. I'll keep it maintained as needed, but no tune, lift or drop.

Heck, I might even put it in for ROTM! I believe trucks are meant for work, exactly why I bought this one.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for replies, gents.

·
Registered
251 Posts

I’m one of the new ones. My truck is sorta what you’re talking about, I think. A ‘19 L5p that’s lost a lot weight and has a bunch of expensive aftermarket parts, but she works like a mule and looks good doing it. It’s been bought and paid for by me as has all my equipment. I do like the idea of $75k truck having a nice ride. I’m not trying to start an argument, but I think there’s room for everyone on here. I enjoy learning about the things that will make them ride or steer better, but I also love the “bias plys and zip ties” kinda stuff. it’s all good!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I agree, my post”rant” is not to imply that I disagree with how someone chooses to customize, use and or abuse their truck. I just can not understand complaints of a truck that are inherently qualities of a truck. Kind of like, “ I bought a 500 Smith & Wesson but it’s to heavy, costs a lot to shoot, is very loud and has unacceptable recoil”, what can I do? That’s was my “trigger” no pun intended. Thanks for the reply.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I just spit coffee and Copenhagen across the room. Thanks Melonhead, made my day!!!!! Freakin great

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Thanks to all who reply once again. I should go pretend to work to earn lunch money, so far Melonhead is on top in the lead. Keep em comin I even am not opposed to jokes about Kentucky or us Hillbillies. Except if your from Ohio!!!

·
Registered
49 Posts
Yes times have changed, even I have changed over time. In the past I had a 91 Toyota truck slammed, chrome and stripe delete, road like a tank. To a 93 Z28 that took almost every penny I earned in mods. To a 07 Maxima stock. 12 gt500 stock. 14 GMC 1500 stock. 20 GMC 3500 stock.
The past myself looking at a stock truck, to a current myself looking at a slammed truck, who the heck is this guy lol. Anyways we put up with what we like, and hate on what we don't, I just keep it to myself. But I agree with the OP's post.
But on a side note my 3500 rides like a dream compared to my Toyota.

·
Registered
393 Posts
To comment on the Smith 500, oh yes it is heavy, but the muzz brake helps keep it accurate as a rifle :)

·
Super Moderator
913 Posts
Thanks to all who reply once again. I should go pretend to work to earn lunch money, so far Melonhead is on top in the lead. Keep em comin I even am not opposed to jokes about Kentucky or us Hillbillies. Except if your from Ohio!!!
Why would anyone in their right mind make disparaging remarks about the Bourbon state!

·
Registered
251 Posts
I agree, my post”rant” is not to imply that I disagree with how someone chooses to customize, use and or abuse their truck. I just can not understand complaints of a truck that are inherently qualities of a truck. Kind of like, “ I bought a 500 Smith & Wesson but it’s to heavy, costs a lot to shoot, is very loud and has unacceptable recoil”, what can I do? That’s was my “trigger” no pun intended. Thanks for the reply.
I get it and I also don’t understand some of the questions that pop up on here. Some people are odd, it is what it is, but don’t let it get to you too much. In through the nose and out through the mouth

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 45 Posts