Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
21 - 40 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
Agreed, no such thing as stupid questions.

·
Registered
1,271 Posts
My first thought was, heavy and unacceptable recoil don't go together. That's why they make them so heavy, otherwise they'd break your wrist! Seriously, my collection stops at Super Redhawk. Although I think 3" .410's through the Judge may bark a little more than the .44.

I get what you're saying though. I miss several of the old guard that moved on but have found a few that even a grumpy old bastard like myself can communicate with.

I just cruise right through all the posts about multi-thousand dollar mods that do nothing for the utility or efficiency of the truck, probably not even an increase in resale value in many cases. They just seem like a lot of over-compensation or something. Must be a lot of wee willies out there. Easy there Twig, don't spew any more coffee and Copenhagen.

But seriously again, I think the best thing about guys on a forum like this is the fact that we can disagree, argue, maybe even get pretty pissed off then would turn around and buy the guy a beer. Men just get over things like that. A guy called me a douche bag a while back in a post then it wasn't long until we were "liking" each other's posts. Go find some women that can pull that off. Man I hope there aren't any of them reading this:)

·
Premium Member
2013 GMC Denali 2500 CCSB 4x4
118 Posts
I haven’t been here long enough to gauge a change. I’ve had my truck since new but only thought about getting on the various Duramax forums once it was out of warranty. I joined two and just read a third (tried to join there too but for whatever reason I never get the confirmation email). They all have their own character. I get the feeling that early on there was maybe only one but the others popped up when some group of people wanted a little change of scenery.

I guess the thing that surprises me the most is the people who (out of desperation perhaps) make their debut here with a stream-of-consciousness, minimal-punctuation post about some problem they are having with their truck. Reading those makes me feel like that scene in the Matrix when Neo first realizes he can dodge bullets 😊. I usually try to research first before bothering everyone.

I’ve already learned a ton on here and the others though, even in a few months. The info here also helped me decide to hang onto my LML and keep it running long-term, so they saved me some money 😊.

As for ride, hell ya, anything I can do to improve it I will do. I know I’ll never be able to have the guy sitting in the back cutting diamonds like in the old Lincoln commercials, but I almost lose fillings over rough roads (which in my urban environment are all too common, lol).

Reactions: BoiseRob

·
Super Moderator
2017 GMC Denali 2500HD, 3.5" Rough Country Lift, 305/55R20 Yokohama Geolandar A/T
2,646 Posts
I think what we need to be able to get back to is do whatever the eff you want with your own stuff. Just like @blythkd1 said, if it's not your cup of tea, cruise on past and pay it no mind. I reside somewhere in the middle. I get a truck chub from seeing dualies pulling huge loads just as much as I do from the tricked out mall-crawlers. These trucks are just cool pieces of machinery.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
I used to go hide in the outhouse when things chubbed as a kid. Now every time I go to the porta-potty at work I have to wait till it passes. Learned behavior I suppose?? 🤣

·
Super Moderator
2017 GMC Denali 2500HD, 3.5" Rough Country Lift, 305/55R20 Yokohama Geolandar A/T
2,646 Posts
ROFL!! Melon, you beat all:)
LOL... glad you approve of my terminology.

I used to go hide in the outhouse when things chubbed as a kid. Now every time I go to the porta-potty at work I have to wait till it passes. Learned behavior I suppose?? 🤣
Are you saying you performed a Pavlov's Dog type of experiment on your weiner??? LOL

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
Pavlov had a dog? I thought he was into cats, WTF?

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
I think we are headed for a time out penalty box thingy, heheheheheh

·
Super Moderator
2,646 Posts
Pavlov was dogs, Schrodinger was cats.

But yes, the conversation should maybe go back to something more appropriate. That's my bad. I grabbed that wheel and took us in a questionable direction.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 ·
I think he was walking with Pavlov’s dog or something. He may have spotty service.🐩😬

·
Registered
50 Posts
I remember when this forum was full of non whining and crying, trying to look cool in the burbs, mall crawling, OMG I bought a truck and it does not drive like my Mercedes that my parents bought me Men with a pair. Jesus. Just thought I’d share, from back in time before tampons were made for the new so called “Man”
It’s just a product of the pussification of America. The average American male has 1/4 the testosterone that had 100 years ago. Buncha high E crybabies

·
Registered
12 Posts
Saw a couple comments on ride quality. I have a 2016 2500 Denali Diesel that I use as a daily driver. First thing I did was install a pair of Sulastic hangers and 1 1/2 lowering hangers. The Sulastic shackles have a torsion style rubber insert. These are great! they take the harshness out of the ride. Can't say enough good about these.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #36 ·
Agreed on the ballage shrinkage. I swear they are putting something in the food. Speaking of which, my nipples do feel tender. Ah hell!!! Thanks for the replies.

·
Registered
118 Posts
I blame soccer moms. They have ruined what used to be trucks and millions of husbands.

·
Super Moderator
913 Posts
It’s just a product of the pussification of America. The average American male has 1/4 the testosterone that had 100 years ago. Buncha high E crybabies
Well some of us older guys get to "inject" once a week... You know how to tell if your testosterone level is correct?

It's correct when you walk in the room and your wife says "get the fuck away from me!"

😉

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #39 ·
Bingo

·
Registered
440 Posts
I fixed my ride problem by throwing money at it!!! I had a Kelderman rear air ride put on and man o man what a difference!!! The only thing I would have done differently would have been to put it on at 0 miles instead of going to 60,000.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: BoiseRob
21 - 40 of 45 Posts