Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys...I am new to this site, but thoroughly enjoy all of the info. I have 2005 liLLY with 74k and NO problems as of yet....but i sure don't want any of the ones I have read about here. Anyhoo, would anyone be willing to give me a little education on some of the performance terms used here? I am familiar with all of the aftermarket (Banks, Bullydog, AFE, etc...) but it sounds like alot of you guys do some of your own tuning. care to share? Thanks!! have a great weekend!!!:drink

·
Diesel Addict
7,754 Posts
here is a link some info thats explains the reson they have the egr, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Exhaust_gas_recirculation i guess more or less it returns your unburt fuel(black smoke)to the engine and runs it thru again but it takes power to do that so with egr block it will cut that out.....guys correct me if i'm wrong...
i have a 05 lly dually with 90+k and never touch her and she still running strong or should i say stronger then stock..hope this info helps

·
Registered
26 Posts
But it only re-circulates exhaust gasses when the truck is idling. EGR valve is closed under throttle.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts