Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What is the difference of the lmm MAF and MAP sensors? I know you clean the maf with special stuff and its on the intake but does an lmm have a map? Or are they the same?

·
Registered
607 Posts
MAF is mass air flow and MAP is manifold absolute pressure. MAF measures volume of air and the MAP measures pressure. Your MAP sensor measures your boost + atmospheric pressure, where your MAF never sees the boost.

·
Registered
3,039 Posts
your map may have been factory re-located as part of a recall due to oil contamination from the PCV. It will be mounted to the stud just under the red wire in the picture above with a black rubber hose connecting it to the intake just behind the grid heater. Or something along those lines.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks guys. Yea i found it. Had to move it when i id the egr delete. Ive noticed the truck is a bit slugish now after the full egr delete. Its on optimized stock now no tunes yet. Just 4" and full egr delete. Could this have something to do with MAP OR MAF beig dirty? The spool time is reap slow now compaired to ahen it was just the 4" before i dis the egr?? Makes no sense!

·
Registered
16,268 Posts
If the MAP sensor has been factory relocated itll be here,
Auto part Automotive exterior Automotive lighting Vehicle Car

Auto part Vehicle Engine Car Fuel line

·
Registered
3,039 Posts
Thanks guys. Yea i found it. Had to move it when i id the egr delete. Ive noticed the truck is a bit slugish now after the full egr delete. Its on optimized stock now no tunes yet. Just 4" and full egr delete. Could this have something to do with MAP OR MAF beig dirty? The spool time is reap slow now compaired to ahen it was just the 4" before i dis the egr?? Makes no sense!
Do you have any codes coming up? Do you have any boost leaks?

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
No codes, ive heard they can get sirty and still throw no codes. It bogs down and is sluggish, changin fuel filter today and am just guna get new sensors rather than clean them

·
Registered
49 Posts
It would be worth it to clean the IAT #2 also. It's under the hard plastic intake to the turbo in the manifold. Gmpartsdirect has them its not much cheaper than the dealer after you pay 15 shipping.This helped my truck out with the sluggish feeling. I still however am chasing another sensor problem.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.