Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On the trim..in the same spots on both sides..are two humps.

What causes it, what is it, and would removing trim cure it ??

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Soooo,

This is where the heat gun comes into play with the badge removal threads I've read on here......?? How's this project gonna rank on a scale of 1-10, with one being easy and ten being the hardest...??

Thanks ya'll.

·
Registered
68 Posts
yep its pretty damn easy!!!!!! 1 for sure it's jus super time consuming.....

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
Since posting this, I've been strapped with no time due to full time job and grass cutting on the side.

Well, today...it feels like it's 100 degrees outside. I went to hook my landscape trailer up and move it back in the yard. Out of curiosity, I grabbed an edge of the trim and it peeled right off. Had all four pieces off in less than a minute. Didn't leave much tape residue at all. Looks like a scraper or my orange peel formula with have it right off in no time. When I get done,(may be tomorrow) I'll post a pic to see if ya'll think it looks better w/o bubbled trim:tease

The guy who does my window tinting......
I saw him take off a dealer sticker on my truck and then use gasoline to remove any residual sticky stuff(one swipe and it was gone). Should I try it ?? Not sure what it will do to paint and it this hot. It didn't do anything to the spot he did, but it wasn't hot back then.....................

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Well, I should have known not to be so optimistic. Ended up with a blow dryer out, scrape blade, and my orange peel. Now I have a sore thumb from all the rubbing try to pressure roll the leftover tape off. Here's the leftovers from the driver side doors.

Here it is washed up. I still have a somewhat visible dirt ring around the edges and can't get it off. Any tips ? I guess time will wash it ?

Here is what is in store for tomorrow. It irks me that I haven't gotten it all off yet, but darkness got me before I could finish.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts