Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just intalled Edge cs race evo. and noticed my gauge readings almost never match what my truck gauges read. Is this normal? Which is more accurate? Thanks in advance for any feedback.:drink

·
Hang it!...Fire!
4,244 Posts
its because its ran through your obd2. ive heard the guages in the cluster have some error margin to them

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You would think they would be close to the same, being they collect their data using the same sensors. I'm lovin the Edge tho.

·
Registered
2,538 Posts
The gauges in your cluster do have a bit of error built into them, however you also have to rely on the fact that your edge relies on electronic sensors/senders so they could also potentially read incorrect down the road at some point in time.

The trans temp gauge in the cluster is usually spot on, thus a mechanical is never really needed. The temp gauge however is usually off a bit, around 20*ish if i remember right off the top of my head (but someone feel free to come correct me on this)

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Sounds right, the edge is always 15* to 20* cooler than cluster reading. Oil pressure is usually 5-10 psi diff., Tranny temp =.

·
Hang it!...Fire!
4,244 Posts
yea thats the same differences i got to

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the feedback nvrplzd and tdi. One more ? does the edge get it's egt from the sensors on the dpf?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts