Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
407 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, the Reading Fire Department (Michigan) will be hosting truck pulls again this year Friday, August 2nd. We have a couple of sponsors that are donating money to the prize amounts. For the "Hot Diesel" class, we will guarantee a min. of $600 for 1st place (more like $800-900 after the entry fee money is added in). We will have just to classes for the diesel trucks, stock and hot. What kind of rules should we have to classify a truck as "stock" because we all know that no diesel truck is truly stock!! :gearjamin

·
Registered
2008 Silverado 2500HD
897 Posts
Stock class should be at least stock engine, stock turbo, im sure theres more.

·
Registered
407 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Here is where the problem is- How do we know what a stock engine is during a 30-60 second tech inspection?

·
Registered
2008 Silverado 2500HD
897 Posts
By that I mean obviously duramax engine in chevy/gmc, powerstroke in ford, cummins in dodge. Turbo as best as you can tell. Most people will be fairly honest with you I would hope.

·
Registered
348 Posts
You don't know truck pulling very well then.

·
Registered
2008 Silverado 2500HD
897 Posts
I've been and watched a few, but I do not know who lies or doesn't lie. Haha I guess it would make since people would lie about things being "stock" just to win a little extra money.

Edit: Coady I know you...

·
Registered
407 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yeah, we'd like the drivers to be fare or honest but.... kinda our job too

·
Registered
407 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
What are other pulls using for rules to classify a truck as "stock?"

·
Registered
407 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

·
Registered
407 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

·
Registered
906 Posts
I think your referring to what they call "work stock class" which means you need a stock turbo, or nothing bigger than 63.5mm, single cp3 and no hanging weights

·
Registered
407 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Friday, August 2nd @7:00 -- It is at the high school ball field area. From M-49, turn west on State St. You will run into it at the dead end (2blocks)

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
407 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Should a truck with a lift pump and straight exhaust be considered stock? Or maybe a track speed limit ?

·
Registered
3,527 Posts
Should a truck with a lift pump and straight exhaust be considered stock? Or maybe a track speed limit ?

Look up NADM rules and just go off there's. lift pump and exhaust should be stock. Stock is basically a stock engine, but with tuning and very little mods. Like an air filter would pass as stock, but an aftermarket turbo wouldn't. You would be able to tell if the turbo was aftermarket by the sound when it drives. Most will be honest with you. You can measure the sizing and everything of the turbo if you want... I would consider everything short of an aftermarket turbo/engine build as stock. Twins are not stock, unless it is the 6.4 ford. Look up the NADM rules

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
407 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·

·
Registered
407 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·

·
Its just a worktruck
13,908 Posts
Look up NADM rules and just go off there's. lift pump and exhaust should be stock. Stock is basically a stock engine, but with tuning and very little mods. Like an air filter would pass as stock, but an aftermarket turbo wouldn't. You would be able to tell if the turbo was aftermarket by the sound when it drives. Most will be honest with you. You can measure the sizing and everything of the turbo if you want... I would consider everything short of an aftermarket turbo/engine build as stock. Twins are not stock, unless it is the 6.4 ford. Look up the NADM rules

Sent from AutoGuide.com App
No one is honest in sled pulling. ;) I know of a few "workstock" trucks that have built motors, 100% injectors, big pumps and lots of suspension mods. But they run a "stock appearing" turbo and make close to 700hp. I guess it all depends on what part of the country you're in. WS is taken very seriously and is a really competitive class in some places.

8k is the maximum weight. Most WS classes wont allow you to hang, so getting the truck as heavy as possible is the trick. A lot of guys are making weight bars for the bed. While its not as effective as having it over the front, it still helps.

·
Registered
407 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Yeah, this is the most money we've offered for our "placers". The hot class is up there but even the "stock" class should still be a minimum of $350-$500 for 1st place

1 - 20 of 30 Posts