Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
880 Posts
I run the Amsoil diesel fuel additive and cetane boost. I have used diesel kleen but i seen better results (not right away) but over a couple hundered there is a difference. IMO

·
Registered
880 Posts
No I haven't. First time.

·
Administrator
8,816 Posts
I use stanadyne in almost every tank.

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
i run atf which is automatic transmission fluid in mine and go a full week trumping on it and will be at about 3/4s a tank on friday its a mix of atf and about 3 to 4 gallons of diesel so to fill my truck up it cost about 10 bucks

·
Premium Member
9,706 Posts
Stanadyne... IMO. Don't listen to that guy ^^^ do NOT run ATF, or engine oil or any crap like that.

·
Im Superrrrr!
14,517 Posts
Yeah I don't think I would ever use ATF or oil in my fuel. I figure it this way, if its not designed to be run as that...it wont go in my tank.

I personally use the Opt-lube XDP and think it really makes it run alot better. This last purchase I got a small thing of the summer blend so I'm going to try that out as well. As it is quite a bit cheaper.

I have used a lucas one before, but it didnt have the same name as whats on the report. But it made the truck run worse.

·
Registered
1,269 Posts
Diesel Kleen here !! Thats all that is sold in my area, but I hear its a good product, so ??

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Diesel Fuel Boost
• Save anywhere from 10% to 20% on fuel cost.
• Reduce NOX and Particulate Emissions by at least 20%.
• Protects life of engine
• Conforms to the standards set by WFC (Worldwide Fuel Charter) and EPA (Environmental Protection Agency)
• Safe for all engines and does not void engine warranties.
• Diesel Boost Contains NO metal, lead, or sulfur.
• Contains water disbursements that prevent build up of rust and algae.
• Contains concentrated detergent package to clean dirty injectors and reduce exhaust emissions.
• Contains added Cetane enhancer for smoother quieter engine operation and less smoke.
• Contains no metal, lead, no sulfur or low boiling point alcohols
• Contains all the detergents needed to keep your fuel system clean and operating as new.
• Increases BTU’s
Diesel Fuel Boost

·
Im Superrrrr!
14,517 Posts
• Contains no metal, lead, no sulfur or low boiling point alcohols
So does this mean it has alcohol in it, but just not low boiling point alcohol.

I would stick with what has been proven to work, because alcohol is bad for us. Well not really us, but our trucks lol :drink:drink

·
Vendor
10,953 Posts
There are lots of threads on this subject and a fuel additive study and Diesel Fuel Boost was not on it.

I am using AMSOIL Fuel Concentrate and Cetane Booster.

With these products, they clean and lubricates the fuel system, helps with cylinder wear, helps with retaining engine oil TBN longer. The cetane booster is an ashless, alcohol free product that helps with combustion which helps with start-ups and performance. All this with improved fuel economy and horsepower.

If I can help with anything further, just let me know.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
There are lots of threads on this subject and a fuel additive study and Diesel Fuel Boost was not on it.

I am using AMSOIL Fuel Concentrate and Cetane Booster.

With these products, they clean and lubricates the fuel system, helps with cylinder wear, helps with retaining engine oil TBN longer. The cetane booster is an ashless, alcohol free product that helps with combustion which helps with start-ups and performance. All this with improved fuel economy and horsepower.

If I can help with anything further, just let me know.
The reason it was not on the test is because it is fairly new.
No other additive has been approved by the EPA. The actual EPA test results are on the website. I want to see the test results for all the other expensive additives.

·
Vendor
10,953 Posts
The reason it was not on the test is because it is fairly new.
No other additive has been approved by the EPA. The actual EPA test results are on the website. I want to see the test results for all the other expensive additives.
Can't argue with you there, AMSOIL Fuel Concentrate and Cetane Booster have not been EPA tested.

·
Im Superrrrr!
14,517 Posts
yes but wouldn't you consider the EGR system part of an "EPA" project?

Just cause it burns cleaner don't mean it is better lol.

·
Registered
86 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Go to Diesel Fuel Boost - Test Results The EPA test results go over the Total Hydro Carbon, Carbon Monoxide, Nitrous Oxide, Horse Power, Base Specific Fuel Consumption, and Particulate Matter with using the Diesel Fuel boost and without it. Pretty cool to see what this stuff can do. It does everything all the other additives do and more and is hell of a lot cheaper.

·
Im Superrrrr!
14,517 Posts
give it a shot and let us know how it runs with it...about all I can say. Seems you have already made up your mind on it...just want some others to say it to.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts