Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i am needed a second transmission and was wondering what is the big difference if any and who has the best package to go with . i have looked at a crap load whats best or are they all the same / heavy hauler/ sun coast/ppe/ ats/ and is it best to buy a complete replacement all done or buy a kit and get a local shop to do the work and re billed what i got:help:help

·
Registered
310 Posts
Suncoast Stage 4 best bang for the buck, also get a precision TC. Make sure to order it from [email protected] Performance

·
VAGITARIAN :)
7,336 Posts
^^you have a hot +2 race PPE on lvl 7??:confused:

·
Registered
163 Posts
suncoast is what i'd get

·
VAGITARIAN :)
7,336 Posts

·
Registered
278 Posts
do you have a shop that rebuilds Allisons any where near you. If not you may need to drive to get to a good shop. If you are spending that much find some one that will stand behind their work. If not just do a stage 5 suncoast and get the warranty form them.

I personally drove about 8 hrs to mechant auto to have eric do mine (his stage 3). I came to the conclusion that it did not matter what kit you got it's the builder that makes or breaks it.

hope this helps but probably just gave you more things to think about.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I live in prince George Canada the is a few good trans shops in town but they all said they have worked on Allison but no one ever got back to me on how much or when they can do it or what parts the would use i did not ask if i could buy my own kit and just get them to install but that is why i was curious about the heavy hauler it is built buy nadp in Edmonton Alberta Canada about a 8 hour drive and it is dynoed bench tested be for it goes in but is about 3 grand more then a kit and still no installed but has 1 year warranty but i still don't know how much it will be to just install a kit in mine

·
Registered
1,486 Posts
I personally will go with Suncoast. The most popular has got to be suncoast. So with all that being said Suncoast!!!!

·
Registered
536 Posts
Im going with a ppe stage 5 rebuild kit in mine. I have heard nothing but good things and it comes with a great tc.

·
XBoxLive: RenegadeDuramax
1,776 Posts
Suncoast now has the Gmax kit which supercedes the stage iv....

·
Premium Member
9,706 Posts
A suncoast Gmax kit is what you want. Then find a good builder in your area who will stand behind his work. There are tons of people who are using suncoast transmission kits and putting huge power through them, and very few issues. It's the most popular option.

Next thing is we need to work on your setup... propane, water meth, and stacking tuners? You're very lucky you haven't blown your motor yet!! And you could probably make more power with a single EFI Live tune than with all that garbage on there right now, and you could do it for probably 1/4 of the money!! :eek:

Let me know if I can help!!

-Jesse

·
Registered
571 Posts
I live in prince George Canada the is a few good trans shops in town but they all said they have worked on Allison but no one ever got back to me on how much or when they can do it or what parts the would use i did not ask if i could buy my own kit and just get them to install but that is why i was curious about the heavy hauler it is built buy nadp in Edmonton Alberta Canada about a 8 hour drive and it is dynoed bench tested be for it goes in but is about 3 grand more then a kit and still no installed but has 1 year warranty but i still don't know how much it will be to just install a kit in mine

I live a few hours north of Edmonton will NADP stand behind their work.? I'm in need a tranny soon I get my SDP twins in about 2 weeks so yeah any info would be great thanks

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I ended up getting mine done in prince George kit the was from tcs transmission out of Langley b.c. they set up the kit the way you want for you truck got it install with 2 years or 60000 km no question ask and has been grate no issues and put to the test

·
Hang it!...Fire!
4,244 Posts
there also the alligator stage v, it has a lot of good reviews

·
Registered
7,376 Posts
If you can drop your trans and reinstall it into the truck you could talk to Mike L. He is at Inglewood Transmission in CA. But He can get you the BEST built trans and IS the best builder in the US in my opinion... He will build your trans and ship it to you.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts