Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just ordered a set 18" rims off a 2011 gmc 2500 denali, i want to put a 35" tires on it and put them on my truck with out doing major lifting. maybe just turning up the stock keys if possible. Any input?:help

·
Registered
77 Posts
good luck.. 33's are about max as long as they arent real wide.

·
Registered
1,625 Posts
33" inch is max with a leveling kit, and if you want 35's you will need to do a 4" lift which will void your warranty

·
Registered
95 Posts
Agreed 33s unless you cut, lift, or change bumpers.

·
Registered
77 Posts
not just bumpers.. they can be trimmed easily. behind the tire is what gets ya.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
how come some of the aftermarket keys they sell have a max tire size listed at 35"??? Also i could care less about my warrenty, i already deleted my DEF tank and did a full 4" system.

·
Registered
77 Posts
i would like to know that one as well.. you may be able to do some 35-10.50s or something that aint real wide at all with some trimming. you'd be better off just to go with 33s then you wont have to worry about rubbing.

·
Registered
167 Posts

·
Registered
195 Posts
On the 2011's there are multiple guys running 35's with just cranked t-bars. I've even seen a guy running the bmf novakane 20X9's with a 35X12.50 tire from a thread here. It can be done especially with norcal nicks fender mods

·
Registered
167 Posts
What are normal nicks fender mods?

·
Premium Member
3,446 Posts
On the 2011's there are multiple guys running 35's with just cranked t-bars. I've even seen a guy running the bmf novakane 20X9's with a 35X12.50 tire from a thread here. It can be done especially with norcal nicks fender mods

Even with my fender mods you are going to be setting yourself up for frustration trying to fit 35" with just leveling.

My fender mod directions are meant for guys with lifts trying to gain clearance when turning full lock on the 07+ trucks due to the decreased wheel well opening space as seen in older classic body style HD's.

Even if you have seen 35"s under a LML be careful and do your home work on what you are getting yourself info because it's not as simple as some think it is with down falls of wearing front end parts and losing ride quality with the suspension being running maxed out.

·
Registered
2,383 Posts
Why do you want 35s? I've been completely turned off those. It's harder to stop and harder to get going with 35s, it kills your mileage. Plus no matter what a dealer tells you, 35s will wear the crap out of your front end if you only level it. Period. Idc what they sell you. You crank the truck up past the "green zone" for the leveling kit and you end up still wearing through the parts. 33s will give you a good look if that is what you are after and still allow you to not blow through new components. JMO

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
What size does a 295/70/18 measure out to be? I'm assuming it's close to 33" cause I had 315/70/17 on my 06 2500 and they were almost 35"

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·

·
Registered
457 Posts
33" inch is max with a leveling kit, and if you want 35's you will need to do a 4" lift which will void your warranty
Since when does a lift kit void your warranty? I understand the exhaust or tuner but not a lift...

·
Registered
167 Posts
How did that work out for you???

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app
Worked out awesome. I have 18x9 with 0 offset and 295/70-18's and ended up doing the norcal nick minor trimming looks geat rides nice. The trimming only took about 5min per side.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Since when does a lift kit void your warranty? I understand the exhaust or tuner but not a lift...
Gm has gone to a zero tallerance on modifications. My dealer just voided my exaust portion of mine for my dpf back exaust.(purly cosmetic) he also told me that going with larger tires could void my power train warrant because it puts extra stress and resistance on the drive train. They are looking for reasons to not cover you.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts