Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone, thanks for reading. I'm pulling the engine and replacing head gaskets on my LB7. I found a couple "loose ends" and broken pieces on my way down into. Here's one...anyone know what this? It's a broken electrical connection/harness on the AC tubing, drivers side.
ImageUploadedByAG Free1417330581.433594.jpg ImageUploadedByAG Free1417330611.591132.jpg

Thanks

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
3,640 Posts
Looks like the high pressure switch.

·
Diesel Addict
7,754 Posts
That is correct, that is the a/c high pressure switch. James

·
Registered
613 Posts
I have one I think if you need it I don't know the cost on them let me know if you need it.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I have one I think if you need it I don't know the cost on them let me know if you need it.
Thanks I definitely need one. I looked it up and its not hard to find the pigtail side of the connection, but as you can see, I think I need the housing of the switch (the female part that is connected to the AC Line).

Do I have to change out that whole piece of AC tubing from the compressor to the condenser? Or can I just change out the female switch portion on the tubing?

Thanks again guys....really appreciate your help.

·
Registered
448 Posts
You can just change out the switch but remember it will be under pressure if your AC system is charged

·
Registered
613 Posts
Good morning Ok I found the switch you need so give me a call or text if you want 9098161688. The line is under pressure but I do believe you can swap it without removing the refrigerant. Thanks Chris

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Ok guys...I got that coming. Here's the next issue. What is this plug on the bottom passengers side block? I noticed a matching wire hanging under the truck a long time ago. If I remember right...this hasn't been plugged in for a looong time. Thoughts?
ImageUploadedByAG Free1417678279.754690.jpg

·
Registered
5,510 Posts
Could that be the block heater? Looks like it is in what would be a freeze plug hole if you didn't have the heater.

Sent from rapid typo device

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Ya I guess so but would my truck have the wires for it just hanging down there even if the block Heater wasn't installed?

·
Registered
5,510 Posts
I doubt it. Check the looms down low on the pass side. I pulled my wire out of one to gain some more length. IIRC it was with a pretty beefy battery/ground wire.

Sent from rapid typo device

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I'll take a picture of the wire I'm talking about in the morning.

I know that it's surrounded by an aluminum insulation (almost like AC lines have). It's the only wire that has that shiny aluminum insulation around it

·
Registered
5,510 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
That's awesome. Thanks for the reply. I love in Southern California. If the lows are the 50s people freak out...I don't need a block heater.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts