Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This might be a dumb question and hopefully this is normal. When I turn my truck off and get out, I can hear a noise thats wierd. It does it 3 or 4 times and it sounds like a spring when you flick it? Kind of like a vibrating or "eehhhhhh" (buzzing sound)? Is this normal and what is it?

·
Registered
1,433 Posts
Most likely the turbo cycling between its postitions.

·
AKA treyfox11
2,250 Posts
This might be a dumb question and hopefully this is normal. When I turn my truck off and get out, I can hear a noise thats wierd. It does it 3 or 4 times and it sounds like a spring when you flick it? Kind of like a vibrating or "eehhhhhh" (buzzing sound)? Is this normal and what is it?
i know exactly what your talking about , my dad's truck does it. I haven't found it yet either !!:help

·
Registered
407 Posts
Mine does it to. I thought it might be the egr opening and closing??? Dont know?

·
Registered
129 Posts
I just thought it was my truck purring for a second:rof...I really have no idea

·
Registered
213 Posts
Mostly during summer? TXV valve in the AC bleeding down the pressure in the evaporator after the compressor stopped and the fan is shut off.

·
Registered
1,053 Posts
Nothing to worrie about all LMMs do it.There are a fue little quirks these trucks have that just happen like the drivers side window not operating for a fue seconds after starting,when you use the remote start sometimes the defrost comes on sometimes not.Theres a fue more I cant think of this minute Ill add them when I remember.

·
Registered
224 Posts
My 5 year old son just asked me"What's that noise Dad?" yesterday when I parked the truck in the garage. You descibed the sound well. Boowwiing...tick.:D

·
Registered
39 Posts
rattles are another annoying thing my 08 2500 does. my truck makes the same 3 "spring" noises you refer to. 6700 miles on mine and im ready to crawl under the dash with wrenches and screw drivers to find the source. of course the dealer says "rattles? what rattles?"

·
LHN...We ARE the Joneses
26,485 Posts
My 5 year old son just asked me, "What's that noise Dad?"
"Why Son, that’s just the sphincter valve releasing pressure." haha:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts