Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
778 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Found a little red switch in fuse box on inside any ideas?

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

Attachments

·
Administrator
8,818 Posts
Probably for an aftermarket remote start. They normally have on/off switches for them.

·
Registered
524 Posts
Could very well be a valet switch for an alarm system…The ones I have had are mounted inside the cab in the fuse box right beside the drivers door….

·
Registered
778 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
How will I know what it does if it's a remote start how would it work all I have is stock door opener

·
Administrator
8,818 Posts
You need to find the alarm/remote start box under the dash and see what brand it is. Do you have any other antennas in your front windshield? It might be just a leftover switch from an alarm/remote start that they were too lazy to take out.

·
Registered
1,309 Posts
Im thinking when you flip it, it turns into a Prius. Gas saver switch

·
Diesel Junky
1,107 Posts
trace the wires...and see

·
Registered
778 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
It's hard to see were it goes and could my stock keyless be a remote start?if so how do they do that

·
Administrator
8,818 Posts
there was no stock keyless remote start until the LMM engine in 2007.5 model year.

·
Diesel Junky
1,107 Posts
inless it has remote start factory your keypad would have it. could be valet swutch as stated earlier. that would be the reason for hiding it. shit turn it on and see what happens

·
Registered
778 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I turned it on nothing happens! Wires look like some go into engine some don't. Idk what is I know one of the green wires that goes into engine bay has nothing on the end

·
Administrator
8,818 Posts
well it could have been used for a high idle switch, but sounds like whatever it was on, it isnt installed still.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Its a Transformer, flip the switch and turn into IronSide!!

·
Registered
99 Posts
My aftermarket auto start uses the factory fob. I didnt know i had one untill ilocked the door too many times and it started.

·
Registered
265 Posts
Trace the wires. It could be anything. I have strange stuff with switches wired to my truck that no one would ever figure out.

·
Registered
2,538 Posts
Do you have an aftermarket double din receiver with a screen and/or a slide out screen installed in the vehicle?

It could also be the switch to allow the screen to view videos/movies while in Drive. Just a thought..

·
Registered
265 Posts
Do you have an aftermarket double din receiver with a screen and/or a slide out screen installed in the vehicle?

It could also be the switch to allow the screen to view videos/movies while in Drive. Just a thought..
I would say this is possible but unlikely only because it would really need to be reachable from the drivers seated position.

·
Registered
263 Posts
i say its a smoke switch lol

·
Registered
1,447 Posts
That would be a really inconvient spot for a smoke switch

Sent from my SPH-D700 using AutoGuide App

1 - 20 of 24 Posts