Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
  • Truck seat covers are up to 76% off right now on eBay. Click here for Black! Tan! Multi-coloured! even Camo!
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Lets see if I can figure out how to link the video. I have pretty much upgraded everything on this truck (she is looking a little rough right now) and I know her pretty well but I don't know about this clunk. It only does it after going in reverse and then right before I come to a stop going forward. It is NOT the driveline. It seems to be coming from the front end on the drivers side but I can't find anything that's loose. I am up for just about any suggestions on what to look for.
CLICK HERE FOR THE VIDEO

·
Registered
24 Posts
Check Front Calipers, Mine did the same thing and it was because the Caliper Slide Bushings and Pins were Worn out and Allowed the Caliper to move up and down.

·
Registered
264 Posts
Dose it do when you hit a bump my 08 does the same thing

·
Registered
24 Posts
Yeah it does, Mine also does it right after I come to a stop.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Of course it's raining in Salt Lake now but I'll check out the caliper when I get a minute. Thanks.

·
Premium Member
142 Posts
FSH, I don't know about that clunk but, I'm digging that front bumper!

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Being the genius I am I found a loose bolt on the contraption that the brake caliper is bolted to. It scares me to think that it has been loose since I put my new rotors on back in January. I've traveled to Texas and back and more since then. It's all fixed now, sometimes it's the simple things that get overlooked.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.