Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
351 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’m kind of new to the diesel world . My 2006 lbz seems to run different on different days . Some days it’s amazing , others I have this damn knocking noise under any type of acceleration . This leads me to believe it’s fuel related . Am I wrong ? When knocking , I’m not sure if it’s a mental thing , but I swear it rides like a dog . Really sluggish . I have checked my balance rates and they’re all within 4.0 at a warm idle . The fuel rail pressure at warm idle is 4.3-4.4kpsi . When cold tho and I check the balance rates, there is always a random one that is a little high, like 5.0 . And the frp is 6.2. Is this all normal ?

·
Registered
10,571 Posts
When its cold that normal for rail pressure to be higher and balance rates will be off slightly. Look up how to do a return test on your injectors. Balance rates could be fine but return rates could be high. Could also just double check everything leading to the injectors. Welcome to driving a diesel. They make weird noises and it makes you paranoid. The more modified they are the worse it gets. I go from "damn my engine sounds healthy and strong" to "one of my carrillos is about to come out the block" whenever i beat on the truck. Its fine :rofl

1 - 2 of 2 Posts